What should I set as my goal weight?

Options
I'm female, 20, 5 ft 8, at the moment I weigh 194 pounds. I joined mfp 2 days ago.

I'd ideally like to be a UK size 10 (a US size 8)

What should I set as my goal weight?

x

Replies

• scotrunner
    Options
    Hi, you don't say what sort of build you have (wrist size, shoe size etc usually gives you rough idea) but I'd say with your height you would probably be a size 10 at around 10 stone?
  • oliviazek1
    Options
    I have size 7 (UK) feet. No idea about my wrist size!!

Thank you
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    150? Re-evaluate as you get closer.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 7 , 30 yrs old and im shooting for 125 to 130. that's the bottom of my weight limit. you'd prob be at 130 to 140 but that's just a guess. i wear an 8 now and weigh 156
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 140-150 then once you get there if you feel like that's not the right size for you then you can reevaluate your goals.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would say get a range of about 10 lbs. Different clothing brands will fit you differently so you wont know for certain that you'll be an 8 or a 10.

My goal is to get to a weight where I feel like I can maintain. I will probably never weigh 140 and I'm ok with that. As long as you're within a healthy range, that's all that matters.
  • hannah1591
    hannah1591 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and im aiming for 10 stone. But if I get to 11stone and feel happy with that I will try to maintain that weight.

As long as you are healthy and happy with the size you are then I dont think your ideal goal weight should matter :)
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 and i wana get to UK size 10 too!:) im 13 stone atm and wear UK 12/14 not sure what weight i need to get to in order to fit into a size 10 though
  • moxley20
    Options
    hey i'm 5'8" too, im 178 right now and aiming for about 140 - maybe 145 since i plan on gaining lots of muscle! good luck :) but i think 164 is the top end of normal weight for our height so anywhere lower then that is healthy :)
  • rtell
    rtell Posts: 27
    Options
    I am 5'10 was a size14/16 at 11st 12lb, now 10st 4 lb size 12, also size 7 feet fairly small frame, so you may need to go below 140lb to get to a size 10
    I was size 10 as a youngster at about 9st 4lb, but I think sizes may have got a bit bigger over the years?
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I'm 42 - 5'8' and currently weight 144 (from almost 180) and I wear a size 6/8 (not vanity size).

My current goal is 140 - I still have a little jiggle in my wiggle so I am starting a weight lifting program to build some muscle and be more toned.

Edit - Size 9 shoe
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started at 188 pounds. If I always looked at the goal weight, I never would have made it. I wanted to weigh 125 and it seemed so far away. I just focused on 10 pounds at a time. Now I'm at 137 and I'm thinking 125 may be too thin for me. Decide what looks good to you as you take off pounds instead of insisting that a magic number on the scale will make you happy :D