Tony Horton 10 minute trainer compared to 30DS?

Options
I've been looking into trying the 10 minute trainer by Tony Horton. I plan on doing 2-3 so my total workout is 20-30 minutes. Was previously doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but its killing my knees. I have about 30 minutes in the morning to fit in some exercise and want a good workout but don't want to be totally dead at the end:) Any suggestions or experiences? Please share, thanks!

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    10 minute Trainer Is a great program! You can do 10 minutes or more. I don't think you will have issues with your knees. Not much jumping - some squats and lunges but you can modify those.

If you order though Beachbody you also get a 100% money back guarantee so if you find that you don't like it you can send it back.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    THe 10 minute trainer is very knee-based (lunges, etc), so if you're concerned with your knees it would be no better in that respect. Personally I don't think you can get the workout in 10 minutes that you do with the 30 minute Shred.
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'm curious about this too. LOVE Tony from p90x, but that is quite a big time commitment. I love Jillian too.
  • rgstaggs
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Rich, an Independent Coach with Beachbody and I've been using 10-Minute Trainer for 5 months

To date, I've lost 60 lbs and 7.5" off my waist. I love the routines as I am able to fit them into my life style rather than work my life around the workouts. I am also able to modify them based on my ability / needs that given day or week. For example. To decrease the stress on your knees, do your squats down to about 45 degrees to the ground, move a bit slower and engage your leg muscles during the entire rep / set. There will be less stress on your knees, but your legs will feel the burn, hoorah!

Any workout can be effective if you give the effort and commitment needed to make it work. 10-Minute trainer fits that for me due to its wide variety of routines, the easier to maintain time commitment and the circuit / interval style of the routines.

Let me know if I can help ya or answer any more questions, Rich.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Rich, an Independent Coach with Beachbody and I've been using 10-Minute Trainer for 5 months

To date, I've lost 60 lbs and 7.5" off my waist. I love the routines as I am able to fit them into my life style rather than work my life around the workouts. I am also able to modify them based on my ability / needs that given day or week. For example. To decrease the stress on your knees, do your squats down to about 45 degrees to the ground, move a bit slower and engage your leg muscles during the entire rep / set. There will be less stress on your knees, but your legs will feel the burn, hoorah!

Any workout can be effective if you give the effort and commitment needed to make it work. 10-Minute trainer fits that for me due to its wide variety of routines, the easier to maintain time commitment and the circuit / interval style of the routines.

Let me know if I can help ya or answer any more questions, Rich.

Hey Rich great response and awesome results!

To the OP:

I to have completed 10 Minute Trainer. I never thought it was possible to get that good of a work out in 10 minutes, but it is. If you count the warm up and cool down it runs about 14 minutes. So if you did say 2 work outs in the morning it would be about 24-28 minutes. I would skip the warm up on the 2nd 10 minute work out. They are so short and effective you could even through in a 3rd 10 minute work out later in the day.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • drsteph01
    Options
    I did three months of TMT and lost about 17 pounds and more importantly never got bored with the routines. You can switch things up. Do one session when you are short on time in about 12-15 minutes. Or combine several. I am a 36 year old female that had a goal of losing about 25 pounds when I started the program. TMT got me most of the way there and now daily work-outs are the norm for me. I am going to check out a different program starting next week. But I have a feeling TMT will be part of my routine for years to come. If you want to read more about me and my progress and see photos, check out my blog at http://drsteph01.blogspot.com. Feel free to friend me as well.

Good luck in whatever you choose. I am also familiar with Jillian's stuff, too, as you will read in my blog. I don't think I gave her program due diligence. If I had I am sure I would have gotten results, but the on-line support system with TMT is really an added bonus if you take advantage of it.
  • katparkat
    Options
    I bought it and I JUST started it today.

Now, I was in the Army for three years, got hurt, then left. Haven't done a THING until TODAY.

I kicked myself in the *kitten* and geared up for FOUR TMT workouts, and I found myself sweating A LOT ! I couldn't do half of the abs exercises, which is a little embarrassing because I was the only female in my unit who could do 100 situps in 2 minutes and one of about five females who could score a perfect 300 on our APFT overall. I am definitely out of shape, but my inner soldier won't settle for 10 minutes when I know I have all day, so I'm doing mine in intervals to allow for enough recovery time.

I am a busy young woman, though, so I do my heaviest workouts on the days I'm actually at home all day.

I purchased Visalus Vi-Shape shakes and I have two per day. Been doing that for three days now to supplement my diet and now, my Tony Horton TMT fitness regimen.

I start my off days (that's Tues, Thurs) with a Visalus shake at 8 or 9am, then I do four TMT workouts back-to-back (TB, LB, Abs and Cardio), doing only one warm-up at the very beginning and not doing the cool down until the fourth one is complete. Then, I take a break and around noon or 1pm, I make my second shake and wait half an hour to an hour for it to completely digest because I don't want my shake to come back up on me during my cardio workout, right ? Then, I do two TMTs (TB and Cardio).

Now, I'm trying to follow Tony's calendar, but like I said, I still feel like I can do more--especially when I'm not due anyplace and I'm just sitting around at home.

For my on days (days I'm not home 90% of the time), I'm having my shake in the am, the eating lunch and then doing two or three TMTs and mixing it up as soon as I get home and having a shake for dinner.

I want to start going jogging/running at least twice a week again, but my knee isn't at 100%. Despite what others are saying about TMT being high-impact on the knees, I don't agree. I haven't had any major issues with the workouts yet, but of course, I'm only on Day 1 !

Good luck to everyone else !