About to hit the snacks!

Options
I haven't really slept for a few days a my daughter (7weeks!) has had me up, she's got a cold bless her!

She has finally gone down, and I'm exhausted, nOt quite enough to sleep though! I am minutes away from sprinting down the stairs and hitting the food! I had finished dinner at half six so I know it's not hunger even though my tummy keeps telling me it is!

I thought I would post on here instead as some of your success stories and pics have really stuck in my mind! It fighting for space with the chocolate admittedly but I just wanted to thank you for your support and motivation!

X

Replies

• marybecker
    marybecker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stop right there.have a cup of tea!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!!

You will like it initially, but when you've finished you'll feel disappointed and wished you hadn't. Will these snacks make you as happy as hitting you goal will be? NO!!

So....don't do it!!!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    if you have calories left then eat a little, if not have a big glass of water and give yourself a pat on the back for resisting :happy:
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath, imagine what you want to achieve, and keep the image in your brain. Are the snacks really worth it? Are they in any way going to help you achieve your goals? Count them in your calories tomorrow and you can have them, but if today is done, it's done (especially because you know you're not hungry). Drink water, chew on some gum, you can do it!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Try to rest! You will be able to keep your will power better!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Have you got some herbal tea? Something soothing like chamomile to help you wind down (with a bit of honey for sweetness)? Or how about a small glass of wine? Or even just normal tea or a decaff coffee?

I find hot drinks can be good at replacing or supplementing snacks.

Good luck and stay strong!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It's pretty common to confuse fatigue with hunger. You don't really need food right now; what you do need is rest. Change into loungewear, pick up a good book, and curl up on your bed. I recommend the classical radio station. :) I would ordinarily suggest making a cup of tea, but if you're not sure if you can control yourself, don't even go to the kitchen.
    Trust me, when you wake up tomorrow, you will be so grateful that you stayed strong.
    You can do it!
    Now get some rest. Your body is trying to tell you that it needs it.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    And this is exactly why I wanted to thank everyone on here for being fantastically awesome!

I have curled up in bed with my phone (mfp app!) and a glass of water! I don't trust myself In the kitchen lol but luckily the midget is breast fed so I don't have to venture down there for any bottles! Unfortunately I have to walk through the kitchen to reach the bathroom! Arg!!

X