how often do you

Options
eat chocolates and all the other yummy stuff? i had it totally cut out from my diet but missed it too much now for the past few days especially today i had like 3 mini choco bars, is that going to create problems for my weightloss? or can i eat in moderation? i have my food diary open if anyone would like to keep a look.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't eat chocolates often but I eat ice cream several times per week.

It will not hurt your weight loss provided that:

1) You do not have any insulin related medical conditions.
    2) You still manage to end the day in a calorie deficit.

Now that being said, if you're eating so much of it that you are neglecting other healthy foods/nutrients, you could have additional health issues regardless of what your bodyweight is doing.

That being considered, moderation is best.
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eat it when you want to - just in small portions and then add a little exercise or cut something else out of your daily intake to make up for calories of the "yummy" thing you ate! Giving up on anything, I found, only makes you want it more and then when you do -- you OVERDO! Hope this helps.
  • screwtop_gangsta
    Options
    Once or twice a week...I'd much rather it be 3 or 4 time though!
    Oh, I like chocolate ok, maybe a piece or two every 3 or 4 days
  • Everything in moderation. I like to have my hot chocolate about once a week, but no more than that because of all the sugar. And thats true for most things - try to limit the "yummy stuff" to just once a week instead of a couple times a week.
  • mwain001
    Options
    My wife's has a small amount of chocolate on most days- her treat for being good and she's lost about 25 pounds in the past 3 months! Moderation is the key and fitting it in with an otherwise healthy diet. If you cut out all the foods you love, you're more likely to slip into old habits.
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    stick to baby size stuff aka chocolate kisses. just to give you a taste but not the entire bag. I've never really been a chocolate addict but a coworker has been stocking her desk with them. If I stop by I will eat a couple but very slowly. lol .. but I don't stop by a grab extras anytime during the day.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 times a week - but only one small piece. About 45 calories.
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    thank you for the reply's everyone i think i should try getting more fruit and veggies into my diet instead of my chocolates and granola bars or and the choco mousse cups have been having them every day:angry:
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I love chocolate and do on occasion allow myself to have one piece. I have to be careful of all my sugar intake as I am a diabetic but if I wasn't I so would eat more of it. I have however found a healthy option to getting my chocolate fix in. I drink chocolate Shakeology and that helps curve my cravings for a lot of things. As it has been said numerous times you can eat it as long as you log it and try to keep it in moderation. Good Luck
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but I love things like biscuits / crisps. I haven't cut them out, I have them most days. As has been said previously though, if you're missing out on other important nutrients then it won't be good.

I say if it fits your calories and macros, go for it! :D
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    Its all good as long as you burn more calories than you take in. Keeping in mind that you need a balanced diet daily.
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate most days, but definitely in moderation. Here's what I usually go for:

Trader Joe's 72% cacao bar (1/4 of it) = 70 calories
    2 Hershey's kissees = 45 calories
    See's lollipop = 80 calories
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Anything done in moderation is fine! That said, I don't eat sweets in any form - chocolate or not. Ever. I just don't have a sweet tooth and never had one. My weakness is wine a few days per week. Not great for the diet either, but as I said above - moderation is the key.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I refuse to 'diet' without dessert :p

So I have dessert every day. And then my mother-in-law gave me my -favourite- chocolate, so I limit them to 'one serve' (8 giant chocolate buttons)

And I still haven't gone over my cals ;D
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I will have either 1/2 cup of chocolate ice cream, or 2-3 pieces of Dove dark chocolate, or a cup of home made cocoa just about every night...unless I have some other sweet/treat....
    Home made cocoa is easy == take 1 tbs of cocoa powder and 2 tsp sugar and mix up. Heat 1/2 c milk in the microwave for about 40 seconds; mix in cocoa mix until blended; and the other 1/2 cup milk and heat for 1 min. Delish! I use smart balance milk and it tastes sooo creamy....

I don't want to get to my goal weight by doing things I can't maintain, so I work out enough to allow for wine and desserts, or cheeseburgers and pizza, when I want :)
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If I plan for it, and it fits into my caloric intake for the day along with a balance diet I go for it but usually that is only once per week or less. However I do eat animal crackers, which are low in fat and sugar and I often have those as a desert in the evenings only after I have eating a well balance diet and it fits well into my total caloric intake. And usually it is 16 cookies @ 120 cals. I think for me I have to be able to eat what I want on occasion just in portion control otherwise I might go mad.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I usually have a shot glass of chocolate chips a night. It hasn't hurt me goal-wise.
  • Little_Ms_
    Options
    If you ate a piece of fruit everytime you felt like something sweet, then you will learn to crave that too.
    It takes a few weeks to establish this habit.
    Processed foods will certainly not help our weightloss efforts.

If I start the day with something sweet then I want something sweet throughout the day! So I've started having something savoury for breakfast (egg on toast) and then a yogurt (with no sugar) for mid morning, and since then I don't crave sweets as much and trust me I've always had a sweet tooth. Now I always have an apple on my desk - just in case.

Then at night, after dinner, if I still want something sweet, I'll have some ice cream as my treat.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have a treat of some sort everyday. Helps keeping my motivation up!