Well I logged yesterday

Options
I just finished logging (the best I could!) for yesterday... it wasn't pretty!

But I will say I had a great evening with friends and have no leftovers (bc I ate them when I got home late last night and added them too, ha!!! so double dinner AND dessert for me!).

And now off to a 2 hour spinning class at my gym!

Its nice to know, that honestly one day (one celebration) isn't really going to effect us. I have been working out every day this week and now its back to normal.

Anybody else log yesterday???

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes, I logged yesterday!
    Dinner at home for just Husband and me. Both of us on MFP, so no disagreement over food, thank goodness..
    Logged in the turkey and pumpkin pie calories first and filled in the rest of the calories with veggies and a small sweet potato.
    I was under by 10 for the day!!! A long walk in the afternoon helped, (I eat back my exercise calories.)

NOW, to survive the Christmas Holidays.....
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I didn't log, but I did weigh myself, work out, and then weighed myself this morning.

I decided that one day of not logging, for the holiday, was acceptable. I didn't want to have to measure things.

We ate good food, mostly homemade, and enjoyed our family & friends. I didn't even finish my piece of pumpkin pie!

I think after the fluid retention leaves me, I'll be down a little, anyway.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and it looks AWESOME!

Now today is new day - get right back on track and get ready for another epic meal or two in December!

:drinker:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I logged yesterday... I only exceeded my calories by 100!
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did for the most part and it looks like I'm over but I'm sure I burned off plenty of calories shopping for 6 hrs...so I'm considering it a wash. Today will probably be worse since I'm tired and plan on lounging and watching movies all day with left overs (pie and mac-n-cheese) so close!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yes I logged, my meal wasn't pretty and I paid for it later at the gym. After exercise calories, I did end up being under for the day. That big meal gave me motivation to work harder during my workout--regardless one day won't ruin everything and today is back on track. :smile:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Its nice to know, that honestly one day (one celebration) isn't really going to effect us. I have been working out every day this week and now its back to normal.
    :drinker:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I logged yesterday's intake as best I could. All that cooking and chasing a munchkin I still came out at a deficit (per BodyBugg). Exercise isn't the be all and end all of calorie expenditure. :flowerforyou:
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I logged as best I could yesterday and I was way over. Even though I didn't officially work out yesterday, I was on the go from the time I got up at 5:30am until I went to bed at 9pm, so I'm thinking I still burned quite a bit and even if I didn't, that's fine. It's one day out of the year.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well I logged, and did well. Then 2 hours passed, I pigged out and didn't log it. lol

I think I ate an additional 1500 cals. :-/
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I logged as best I could out of curiosity and was about 900 calories over (exercise calories included). Just shrugged it off because it's not like I eat that type of meal every day. Today it's back to normal, got my a.m. workout in and will stay within my calorie goal as usual.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I logged my day too, but was way over. I know it was what we had around luchtime that put me over, but I know I will be fine. This is life and I am gonna live it. I am back on track today, drinking extra water, can't workout yet cause of my foot, but still doing all I can to succeed!!!
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was 176 over, I raked leaves for (1) hour prior to eating for 6 hours not bad ! Got a great workout in this morning !!!
  • cmoe25027
    cmoe25027 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I logged too, just used a generic 820 cal turkey dinner. Would have been fine if we didn't have to go to 2 dinners! Pretty sure I was close on the count. No bread, no seconds, no dessert and stuck with water to drink. Ended up with 95 to spare after breakfast, 2 dinners and a couple pieces of chocolate before bed.

Cheers,
    Collin
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I tried, but I was doing so much guessing and estimating that it didn't seem worth bothering. I only had one plate of food and one slice of pie anyway.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes I logged. There were quite a few recipes I had to input here at MFP to get the serving numbers but all in all I think I did really good...PLUS when I weighed this morning for giggles...I was the same so I take it as a successful dining experience. I could have easily gone over my calories in stuffing alone but I actually left food on my plate because for the first time EVER I had a salad before dinner (no one else did) and I ended up not finishing the higher calorie foods!!!

I ended up with 194 calories to spare and for the whole day I ate 1006. I allow myself 1200. No exercise. I did have breakfast and lunch but no dinner.