Losing my motivation

Options
So I have lost 49 lbs so far and Im getting so frustrated. I watch my calories and try to stick to 1300 every day, I dont replace the calories I burn working out either. I am at a stand still.. now I keep going up like half a lb to a lb... I go to the gym 4-5 times a week (whenever I get a sitter for my kids) I workout an hr everyt ime I do workout ... why is it taking forever to lose the last 10lbs??

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to change it up. Try changing your goal to half a pound loss per week. It's hard to lose smaller amounts of weight because your body is plenty comfortable the way it is.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You've done so well, your body probably thinks that you are there!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What they ^ said. Time to mix it up a bit.
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories. I was on a plateau for a month till I 1) upped my calories by changing my goal to only losing .5 lbs per week and 2) ate back all of my exercise calories. First week of the changes I lost 3.6lbs.
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories. I was on a plateau for a month till I 1) upped my calories by changing my goal to only losing .5 lbs per week and 2) ate back all of my exercise calories. First week of the changes I lost 3.6lbs.

I'm hearing that same advice ... seems like your advice works for others as well. I just changed my goal from 2lb a week to 1lb.

Also, the topic title, makes me sing in my head REM's song, "Losing My Religion" .. LMBO

OP: Hang in there you will meet your goal!
  • razorspells
    Options
    I'm no expert but you can change your weight loss goal, eat more calories or change the sched of your routine exercise just to confuse the body. :smile:
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Yep, as people are saying you're pretty much there. Your body will always hold onto the last few pounds with a little more tenacity because a) you're not working as hard to move and stay alive now that you're so fit and healthy and b) as a woman your body is predisposed to hang onto a little extra to make it easier to get pregnant