Xbox Kinect? helpful?

Options
does anyone use this as exercise? how well does it work?? I am thinking about getting one but am unsure

Replies

• shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I really like it. There are a lot of different games to make you sweat. I really like Fitness Evolved.

9114468.png
  • tina2222
    Options
    i use it all the time! I do zumba, biggest loser ultimate workout, dance central and dance central 2. its helped me lose most of my weight. i do do it a couple times a day though - morning and night. if you pair it with a HRM then you will get a more accurate burn than it says you have. I find i burn aboutt 15cals more per song on dance central games than it tells me.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i just got one the other day, along with the xbox zumba game. love it! did it for the first time today...did the beginners 20 minute workout and burned 233 calories. ill be looking into getting other games for it as well
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    kinect kicked my butt!
    betw the adventures challenge and the dance masters the kids have...I'm getting the hr up and really working to keep up.
    really love it...but it doesn't rate you like a normal "workout" game does, wear a hrm to keep track of calories burned.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The EA Sports game is HARD!!! You can't cheat since the game "sees" you. Get a HR monitor for other games for best results. Have fun!
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my kinect!! I have kinect adventures, zumba, biggest loser ultimate workout, and fighters uncaged. I do BLUW three times a week, and it's tough... And it has different levels, so you can move it up when it gets too easy... I was doing wiifit plus before, and it got too easy and I hit a plateau. I switched to this, and started losing again... :-D
  • kme2011
    kme2011 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just got my kinect yesterday and havent played it much but from what i can tell its gonna be a great workout
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I tried this at my friends house and it was actually really fun! As someone else said, you can't "cheat" because the game sees you. I found the kinect to be a lot more fun and responsive than the wii ever was. I really want to get an xbox and a kinect of my own now!!!

oh yeah- I played a dance game and I definitely was working up a sweat with it. It didn't feel like "exercise" though, which I thought was really important! Sooo fun!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Kinect is great, exhausting, but often fun. Or anyway, much more fun than workout videos or the gym.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    pfft dance dance revolution! can I get a woot woot!!?!

I play the active games when I am at the house with nothing to do and want to get an extra burn in. Still do my regular workouts. Games are usually my off days workouts :)
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have youshape, EA sports2 and the biggest loser workout for kinect and every one of em goes hard! Sweatin bullets, good calorie burn and FUN!