Ripped in 30

Options
So I am starting Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.

Has anyone had great/good results with this?!

And how should I track it on my exercise?!?!?!?! I looked it up, but I didn't find much. I don't have a HRM so I need some help!

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When I track JM DVDs, I track as circuit training. IDK if that's right, but that's what I do and it seems to be relatively accurate. I've only done 30DS but I just ordered Ripped in 30 and I'll be starting it in 2 days!
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I track JM DVDs, I track as circuit training. IDK if that's right, but that's what I do and it seems to be relatively accurate. I've only done 30DS but I just ordered Ripped in 30 and I'll be starting it in 2 days!
    Good luck! lol I tried this once before and she kicked my butt so I gave up for a while, but I am not letting myself do that this time!! And thank you, I might have to count it as that (:
  • TheFitnessArtist
    Options
    It's tough but you really do get results as long as you have a great diet to accompany the workouts. One suggestion though - don't push yourself too far because you'll end up weakening your body in the end. Be consistent but not rough. I lost 15lbs following this workout. Good luck!
  • bethany_22
    Options
    It's tough but you really do get results as long as you have a great diet to accompany the workouts. One suggestion though - don't push yourself too far because you'll end up weakening your body in the end. Be consistent but not rough. I lost 15lbs following this workout. Good luck!
    15 pounds?! OMG that is great!!!! Congrats! (: I'm going to stick with it this time and hopefully I have results similar to yours :D
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've had great results so far :D Half way through level 4. Will post pics when I'm done ;)
  • bethany_22
    Options
    I've had great results so far :D Half way through level 4. Will post pics when I'm done ;)
    Level 4?! Great job! I will be there in 4 weeks and I can't wait ;)
  • hazysmama
    hazysmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30 today. I did it 6 days a week leaving me one day in between the four levels. Prior to Ripped in 30 i did the 30 DS. Fantastic results so far as a result of the two programs (5 inches off my hips!!!). Week two was killer. My advice is do not let week two stop you. Push through it. I loved week four the most. Good Luck.
  • bethany_22
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30 today. I did it 6 days a week leaving me one day in between the four levels. Prior to Ripped in 30 i did the 30 DS. Fantastic results so far as a result of the two programs (5 inches off my hips!!!). Week two was killer. My advice is do not let week two stop you. Push through it. I loved week four the most. Good Luck.
    The last time I tried to do it I stopped at week 2 -_-
    I will deff push through it. Congrats on the 5 inches! That's great news! (:
  • peggy13794
    peggy13794 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started doing 30 day shred (only 2 days in) and track it as circuit training. I might try ripped in 30 if I survive this:) I also started before and didn't last through it. I'm more determined this time and I really want to see results.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i just started week 3 today and so far it is the hardest week ever! But still fun. but I also upped my weights this time around to 5lbs too so that could also be a factor why it's the hardest week ever lol
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! I did day 2 of week 2 today and if it's so much harder than 30DS was and it's only week 2!

I didn't lose much weight with 30DS but am hoping that changes with Ripped. I lost 12" in my chest, arms, thighs and hips with 30DS so if Ripped has results like that I'll be happy!

I also track mine under circuit training, general. I have a HRM and found that MFP was about 20% higher in calorie estimate than my HRM for this activity.

Everyone stick with it - Jillian is intense but she gets results!
  • bethany_22
    Options
    I just started doing 30 day shred (only 2 days in) and track it as circuit training. I might try ripped in 30 if I survive this:) I also started before and didn't last through it. I'm more determined this time and I really want to see results.
    That's exactly how I feel. We can do this!! (:
  • bethany_22
    Options
    i just started week 3 today and so far it is the hardest week ever! But still fun. but I also upped my weights this time around to 5lbs too so that could also be a factor why it's the hardest week ever lol
    I just started today and I used my 5lbs weights and my arms are shaking lol I might lower it for a little while =p
  • bethany_22
    Options
    Thank you for this! I did day 2 of week 2 today and if it's so much harder than 30DS was and it's only week 2!

I didn't lose much weight with 30DS but am hoping that changes with Ripped. I lost 12" in my chest, arms, thighs and hips with 30DS so if Ripped has results like that I'll be happy!

I also track mine under circuit training, general. I have a HRM and found that MFP was about 20% higher in calorie estimate than my HRM for this activity.

Everyone stick with it - Jillian is intense but she gets results!
    I hope I see some amazing changes and I would deff start it over in Jan. to get even more results!! Yes, we can all do it ;)
  • criscros08
    Options
    Hello, I am starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow and searching a bit on the internet I read your post and wondered how you did and what results you got. Also have you any tips? Hope to hear from you. All the best.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am also giong to start this tomorrow. I hope for good results!!! :-)