I need help

Options
Okay, i'm 172 and i need to get back to 130. I took a birth controll shot that just made me eat like crazy. I need ideas for breakfast all i've been having in yogurt. i work a 10 hour shift so its just not enough to get me through the day >_< I'm new at this so im having like bad cravings.

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Try egg whites and fruit. That keeps me through the morning. :)
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    I love egg white, picante, and cheese on wheat toast :tongue:
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/386456-blueberry-muffin-oatmeal

One of my breakfasts, I also have Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, 1/2 cup of Libby's pumpkin, dash of(to taste) nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice. Blueberry oatmeal is 204 calories and Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is 182 calories. They keep me full.
  • katie23may
    katie23may Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My every day breakfast is two peices of whole wheat bread toasted and two eggs fried. Gives me great protein and enough to fill me up until lunch. This gives me the ability to not overeat then for lunch. Although if you don't have time to fry eggs, that could be a hassle.
    Maybe look for a great low cal cereal such as Special K, with a few pieces of added fruit ;)

My problem in the past is I never ate nearly enough to keep me sustained and I figured I was doing okay because I never hit my calorie limit, but I was putting my body into starvation mode.

Great luck to you and I hope you find a breakfast that fits your schedule! Counting calories can be such a pain sometimes but myfitnesspal has helped me so much. Again, best of luck.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You work an entire 10 hour shift on nothing but yogurt?? :noway:

I'd suggest trying to up the amount of protein you have with your breakfast, have a snack or two throughout the day, and DEFINITELY be sure to grab some lunch. You shouldn't be going more than 3-4 hours without eating something or you're slowing down your metabolism and sabotaging your weight loss.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hecks no that ain't enough for BKFST! If all you're gonna have is yogurt, make it a Greek yogurt with some Ezekiel 4:9 bread & peanut butter or something.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I make myself a breakfast burrito most mornings...eggs, broccoli, spinach...It's pretty filling. & eek, birth control...Made me gain a TON of weight.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning :)

Keeps me feeling full.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I like a 4 egg white omlette with spinach and 1 80 cal marble cheese slice on mulit grain toast. or Special K Satisfaction.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Egg whites scrambled, I like to melt some part-skim mozzarella on top of the egg whites.
    Slice roma tomatoes -or any veggies-and warm up a bit on the pan while eggs are scrambling.
    Put this on a whole wheat english muffin that has been toasted, with turkey bacon.

It's tasty, low in cals and well balanced!

Also, if in a rush-do oatmeal or healthy grain cream of wheat w/ sliced berries, a protein shake w/banana....
  • MissOmi
    Options
    I agree that yogurt isn't enough to get you through the morning, let alone a 10 hour shift. You need a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a couple of snacks to keep your energy level up.
  • Stoptheviolins
    Stoptheviolins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What I like to do for quick breakfasts is buy a dozen eggs, hard boil them, and grab one or two for breakfast. Its a perfect breakfast, it doesnt require a lot of time, and its hella healthy. It's nice to have something to grab and go!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is Kashi cereal, fruit (generally a banana, blueberry or strawberries) with milk. It's simple, easy and keeps me good until lunch time.

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KellyWuvzLyfe
    KellyWuvzLyfe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, i'll try the eggs and yogurt!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/386456-blueberry-muffin-oatmeal

One of my breakfasts, I also have Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, 1/2 cup of Libby's pumpkin, dash of(to taste) nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice. Blueberry oatmeal is 204 calories and Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is 182 calories. They keep me full.
    Yummm! Hadn't thought of putting pumpkin in my oatmeal! :happy: