Health Scares and American Eagle Jeans

Options
Hello! I am here because I have recently had some health scares and my doctor is forcing me to get healthy. So, since I have to do this thing I thought I ought to at least get something for having to stop eating all the yummy goodness, and that something is a pair of American Eagle jeans. I haven't worn a pair since my *kitten* got so huge and I MISS THEM SO MUCH. I also miss bikinis. I use to have a smoking hot bod and then my taste buds fell in love with food so here I am. My laziness also keeps me from exercising so I'm rather flabby as well. Gotta get to work on that. I see a gym membership in the near future.
With all this being said I'd like to make some friends a long the way. I'm looking for like minded people who know humor when they see and can call a monkey's butt a monkey's butt. So, if you are that type of person send me a friend request. I look forward to meeting you. :happy:

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. :smile:
  • khaleesinoodlebelly
    Options
    Not sure if you know this but they do have up to size 18 at AE--I was all excited when I could fit into that store :)
  • 30beans
    Options
    Not sure if you know this but they do have up to size 18 at AE--I was all excited when I could fit into that store :)

I know, but I choose to block that and only go for the size I was in before. LOL!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I LOVE AE jeans too :) They are in my inspiration section and I plan on fitting into the next size down at Christmas!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

Is it an actual 18, or do they fit more like 14's? :ohwell:

I've found that some stores run REALLY small, but now that I'm getting down to where I might actually be able to fit into some department store clothes, I don't really know what size I am...
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I LOVE AE jeans. I use to be a size 14, now I'm a size 10, hoping to be an 8.

You will get there my friend! :)
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! A bikini is my goal, don't think I've worn one since I was way younger!!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request. I love your honesty and sense of humor. monkey butts! there are a few of those in every crowd. the month before I started mfp, I had to buy a larger size of jeans. I had absolutely nothing to wear except work clothes and maternity pants. and my daughter is almost two! I'm happy to say that the new jeans are actually loose. Good luck!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Love your sense of humor. Here's my thoughts though - sometimes can't keep my mouth shut. You say you're doing this because your doctor says you have to. If the jeans aren't enough motivation, find other things that will help you along the way. Remember that your food love affair brought you to your current weight over a period of time, and it's going to take a period of time to lose the weight. Remember there are a lot of folks here to help you through the hard times, but who also want to celebrate the good and the fun. Remember that this is about health, not punishment. And, lastly, keep that sense of humor rockin'. Good luck on your journey.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Is it an actual 18, or do they fit more like 14's? :ohwell:

AE sizes run pretty accurately, if not a bit large :) GL with the weight!