Shaun T is the devil...............

Options
My husband bought Insanity awhile ago and I thought I'd give it a shot today. So, I happily popped the dvd in, turned it on and awaited a fun little workout. Shaun seemed nice enough when he was explaining what we'd be doing - then I took the "fit test", he kicked my a** all over the basement!!!! I thought that since I have been jogging/running (2-3x week) and doing power yoga (2-3x week) I'd do pretty well - boy, was I wrong!!

I have to say I love a challenge so I will come face to face with Shaun T again tomorrow!!

Replies

• Jross65
    Jross65 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Haha but in a good way!! You'll love the results you will get out of it. I am doing Insanity too, I do find myself cursing him often. Good luck! :smile:
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the best workout I've ever had. I got into good shape by doing that program. It's hard but feels great.
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Insanity is really brutal. I thought I might die or throw up or both.

Fun times! :D
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    That's awesome... Just keep pushing and you'll end up with a love/hate relationship with Insanity... It's a great program!!!
  • MichaelSpy
    Options
    Stick with it, I've done Insanity and The Asylum and when I take a day off I miss it! Perverse I know but has made a massive difference to me!
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Shaun T has gotten cursed a couple times from me in the last 3 weeks too. I will be honest though, I love the burn that I get every day from the workout and I can't wait to get to the second half of the program and see just how insane it is... I already have plans for taking a week off after the 60 day program and starting all over again...
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wait till you get to month 2..... ;)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    How do you log Insanity-I didn't see it the cardio section.

Trust me I had a few choice words when I was done :bigsmile:
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! When I read this I instantly started nodding. No matter what your fitness level is Insanity will always kick your butt!! That is one workout that makes you want to cry.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training is how I log it
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Insanity is indeed a very good workout! Doind my second round right now and did Asylum in between (planning on doing it again as soon as I am done with this insanity round)

It is hard and challenging, but the results are amazing, and it just feels good ;)

BTW, at people asking how to log it in, if you have a HRM and know how much calories you are burning you can simply manually add it to your excercises, that's how I log them.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Even though he might be the devil I still can't get enough of Insanity! After 4 straight rounds of it and then Asylum I now do the 2nd month workouts on my crosstraining days (when I am not running). I LOVE it. You won't be disappointed with the results if you stick with it.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yeah, a HRM is the way to go with Insanity. I have noticed that i am burning fewer calories now than when I started so I know its working and I am getting into better shape... I can almost keep up with the warm up now. lol
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Don't have a HRM but the BodyMedia is tops on my Christmas list - can't wait to see what's really going on with my workouts.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    LOL I agree! I love the Insanity workouts!!! I've done a round of it alone, a round as a hybrid and now I am doing it again :) Can't get enough :)
  • Lindlee2
    Lindlee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just finished my final fit test on Thanksgiving! Going to take 2 weeks off and then go for another round!