Recipe Creation

Options
Dumb question...when I add a recipe, do I add the single serving size of each ingredient or the entire amount of the ingredient in the recipe? When I add the entire amount, the calculations are obviously super high. I thought that when I entered the number of servings for the recipe, it would provide me with the single serving size amounts. For example; Chicken Noodle Soup, do I add the entire recipe amount (4 cups of broth, 1 cup carrots, 6 oz. chicken etc.) or do I add the single serving size for each item (3/4 cup broth, 1/4 cup carrots, 1oz chicken).....Help - I am trying to determine the nutritional value of homemade meals. Thank you!!!!

Replies

• sweets2001
    Options
    Put in how many people the recipe will serve and at the bottom you will get the calories for each individual serving.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You put in all the measurements as they go into the whole recipe. Then you list how many servings it makes, it adjusts the calories per serving size for you.
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add the amount for the whole recipe. It shows you the totals for the whole recipe, and under that it shows totals for individual serving, based on how many servings you tell it.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Yes, add the entire amount for each ingredient, and it divides it between the number of portions you specifiy. If the calorie count per serving is too high, you can increase the number of portions.

This is the difference between a recipe and a meal.
  • wishous21
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!! I appreciate it!