Battling carb cravings

Options
The days I'm more likely to go over are the days I start munching on carbs. Any tips/tricks to help me stay away from them? I was doing great for a while, then reintroduced myself to them, and now that's all I want!

Replies

• ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was not giving up carbs. Did before and then craved them and munched on them til I was 220lbs. I'm 175lbs currently and eat carbs regularly.

If you want something, have it in moderation.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I would never do away with them - I will forever eat steel cut oats in the morning. It's part of my morning ritual. However, that and fruits/veggies used to be the only carbs I really ate, and now I'm constantly choosing carb-heavy items as my go-to.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    I eat bread, brown rice and pasta at meals my main meals. I try and keep my snacks more lower carbs like veggies and fruit. Bran Buds and a banana is a must for me at breakfast.

But especially get my carbs and protein after my workout.
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    While I try to avoid non-whole grain breads and pastas, I do allow myself indulgences from time to time.

I keep lots of healthier options close, like fruit and chopped vegetables, and I keep junk out of the house, as much as possible.

My weakness is sweets, especially ice cream and chocolate.

I've noticed that if I only allow myself a serving of my weakness after a healthy meal, I don't have the urge eat a second serving of the dessert. Sometimes I won't even eat my entire part (usually I try to share) of the dessert!
  • ashnm88
    Options
    Though I don't eat pasta as much any more, its more of a treat for me. Only eat whole grain wheat bread, brown rice and 100% whole grain whole wheat pasta.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    I hear ya on ice cream. We have 3 different things of ice cream in our deep freeze, but thank god I have strong will power.
  • ashnm88
    Options
    For my chocolate craving I bought Jello Temptations Dark Chocolate Mousse, its to die for!!