I could use some motivation...

Options
I haven't been on here in two months. I am still watching what I am eating and exerciseing but it's not going like it used to. I really did a great job for a while but then my work out buddy ditched me. Now I am haveing a really hard time getting back into the swing of things.

My heaviest was over 200lbs and I'm down to 173 give or take...but I can't get moving. This is a picture of my progress so I know it's working...I just need a extra kick in the pants to really keep moving.
phpDGiO1mAM.jpg

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is tricky.
    Our visceral fat has found a very comfy home and we need to change the game every so often.
    Cant see your diary but if you have stalled out it could be because you dont eat enough food.
    You probably eat between 1200-1400 calories?
    Check out some of the groups on MFP.
    Chances are you will find a friend who could live close to you!

If you are hungry during the day then you arent dieting correctly.
    Set up those 6 meals a day and EAT HEALTHY!
    =D
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would say sit down and write out your goals!?
    If you work out buddy ditched you, You have to decide if you were doing it for the buddy or for yourself? Personally If you really want to lose that weight don't leave it to anybody but YOURSELF. Remember you can only rely one one person and that is yourself.
    Start logging your food again and looking at your choices ,if you did it before you can do it again with the the help of MFP tools i.e logging and buddies.

You lost at least 25lbs so if you don't pull yourself together you will slowly go back up again:noway:
    No one is going to do it for you so if you really want it go get it!!! Snap out of it and get going. I have gone through this cycle many a time and yes its is a struggle to get motivated and get back into it but think of how wonderful you did feel when you were working out properly and religiously!!!

You can do it and you know what you look pretty darn good in that picture already so I don't think it will take you too long to where you need to get:bigsmile:

If you need a friend ,friend me:smile:
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you need a friend ,friend me:smile:
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I've never had a workout buddy, I just get on the treadmill when my fave show is on, and before I know it, I've been on for an hour :D
    Don't rely on anyone else to drag you to the gym. Go because your body needs it, and you will feel better afterwards.
  • jclheidbrink
    Options
    Sweetheart, you have to know what you want and you have to want it more than you want anything else. Get your family to get healthy with you! And I've never had a work-out buddy, but really, it's when you're alone that you realize that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. You don't base your success and progress on someone else's. You don't need someone checking in with you to get motivated. Motivation has to come from yourself, push yourself, talk to yourself, inspire yourself! <3

..also, if you find the motivation to workout to be lacking, maybe your workouts aren't fun for you :) Try Zumba if you like dancing! Or other things like that, working out has to be something you enjoy :)