Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sugar Overload?

I eat quite a bit of fresh fruit every day, usually an apple (a small one, not those giant, hormone fed ones you get at the supermarket), and some fresh blueberries/grapes/whatever is in season---I always, always go over on my sugar levels!!! Is this really that horrible since its coming from fruit, or do I need to cut some out?

For example, I've been given 35g of sugar, and a small apple is 16-18g just by itself!

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    MFP says I should stay below 25g of sugar a day...but when I exercise and burn say, 600 calories, the limit comes up. mine then said 38g a day. so if you would like to stay within the limits, but find you often go over on sugar, fitting in some exercise is a great way to accommodate it :-)
  • All of my sugar intake comes from fruit - fructose will be the death of me. Okay, I'm kidding :) But really, I also always go over in sugar and people always get on my butt about eating too much fruit, but I just love it! I haven't seen any change in weight though (which is good, I'm trying to maintain) as long as I keep my calories in check. Plus, my body's looking more toned everyday (workouts included, of course) and I've been eating this way for a month or two now.. and it doesn't bother me anymore as long as I get enough protein too :)
  • fatimaaamir
    fatimaaamir Posts: 11
    I try to stick with one serving of fruit a day, maybe even less if I don't feel like it :-) It HAS helped me a bit, my stomach's normally flatter when I don't eat too much sugar. The thing is, even natural sugars in fruit cause spikes in blood sugar levels, so even though it's far healthier than a candy bar, sugar's still sugar :-) As long as you don't go over the MFP limit, I'd say it's okay!