Juicing Fast?

Arynamber
Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
edited October 5 in Food and Nutrition
I just saw that movie where this overweight unhealthy dude did a juice fast for 60 days... it worked wonders for him. I am not thinking of doing it THAT long.. but it has inspired me. Thanksgiving kicked my butt.. and I need something to jumpstart my body and detox all the crap I put into it.

Has anyone done this? If so results? Also, if I decide to do this.. where can I find recipes? I want to make sure Im getting enough calories and nutrients for the day
Im looking at a juicer tomorrow.

Thanks!

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    brb i'm grabbing the popcorn
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Don't waste your time with such ****. Your body is great at detoxing itself, just drink enough water and get some fiber in your body. Eat sensible if you want to focus more on the micronutrients (Vitamins & Minerals) and make sure you hit your macros every single day.
  • I've never done this, and I know my opinion is here may be unwanted or rather be unheard, but if you feel like going on a detox type of thing for a few days, I suggest simply going raw for 3 days. Raw fruits, vegetables and water are perfect, I would say :)

..but if you're really set on that juice fast, well, good luck, love! :)
  • Arynamber
    Ya I know what you are saying about the body detoxing itself and I dont expect or even would be doing this for weight loss.. I just feel generally ICKY... bloated, head not clear, more tired.. hard to explain.. I just dont feel very well.

I know when I eat better I feel TONS better.. but it usually takes me several weeks to start having that feeling. That is kind of why I was wondering if the juicing fast would help jump start this feeling
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    One day of indulgence won't derail you to your goal if you get back on and become consistent again. This "juice fast" advice by some who use it at weight loss only came down to one thing: CALORIE DEFICIT. That's it. Same with HCG, Cabbage soup, Hollywood and other FAD DIETS. If you're in consistent calorie deficit, you'll lose weight (unless there's some medical problem).

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Ya I know what you are saying about the body detoxing itself and I dont expect or even would be doing this for weight loss.. I just feel generally ICKY... bloated, head not clear, more tired.. hard to explain.. I just dont feel very well.

I know when I eat better I feel TONS better.. but it usually takes me several weeks to start having that feeling. That is kind of why I was wondering if the juicing fast would help jump start this feeling

Nope because as you said "eating healthy" causes this feeling. A juice fast is not healthy eating.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I just feel generally ICKY... bloated, head not clear, more tired.. hard to explain.. I just dont feel very well.

Best way I've found to get over that sort of feeling is to exercise, HARD. It works for me at least.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I'd like to try that for no more than one day to one week. Only because my husband did that. He said he had no boogers! His sinuses cleared up completely, and then of course, your intestines get squeaky clean.

I like to try things before I slam them so then I can slam them and explain why. LOL I failed miserably at being a vegetarian, but I do admire them. It's hard! And they do it for the critters. Power to all vegetarians!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Just try eating things that are lighter and fresh, like fruit and vegetables, and drink plenty of water and tea. Salads and smoothies are better than juice. I think you'll just end up hungry if you're drinking all of your calories.
  • Arynamber
    ok I want to correct myself.. not a JUICE FAST. Thats just buying juice and drinking it correct?
    Im talking about juicing, which I believe is different
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    brb i'm grabbing the popcorn

Popcorn juice has a ton of sodium, and tastes really bad. I would not recommend it at all.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    ok I want to correct myself.. not a JUICE FAST. Thats just buying juice and drinking it correct?

...gives me diarrhea.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member

No, it's the same thing. It's not fun. No matter how you feel, your body likes to eat, so you will feel hunger even if you take in all of your calories through juice.
  • Arynamber

No, it's the same thing. It's not fun. No matter how you feel, your body likes to eat, so you will feel hunger even if you take in all of your calories through juice.

Ok thanks.. ya that is what I was attempting to figure out..
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    if you stop juicing then you'll lose your gains, don't do it! keep it natural
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    I watched that (fat sick and nearly dead) I think it’s great I juice every now and then but not too fast just to drink a juice we love them...
    I would love to do a fast but since I have the kids and it’s hard the first few days I don’t think I would be able to look after them lol
    Plus id need an extra fridge one for my fruit n veg and one to make the family meals for them
    I might do a small 1 week fast in the New Year and see how it goes :)

kim
    x
This discussion has been closed.