tmi question- lady problems

Options
I started working out in October and was a couple days late that month, normally i'm on time, this month I'm about 4 or 5 days late. I have not been physical with a man so I know that is not a possiblity.

could increased exercise cause my late period?

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yes...any change can cause you to stop. Don't sweat it unless it quits all together. Talk to your doc.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it can mess with it, especially if you are all of a sudden taking on a super strenuous regimen, or are going from sedentary to active.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    It's possible, as exercise causes a chemical release in your body, which does effect your cycle. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet, as your body may stabilize and get back on track. If your cycle gets really out of whack, then maybe talk to your doc, but for now, I'd see if it just regulates itself, as it's likely to do.
  • aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You definitely can be late or missed a few periods all together with increased activity. I missed a few in high school with sports.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yep. Especially if you were pretty sedentary before you started working out. I am an Army veteran and when I went to boot camp a lot of the females in training did not have their monthly visit from "aunt flo" ;)
    I'm working out harder than ever now, and I can't even predict when it's gonna happen. After a while, things will get back to normal. I personally can't wait....
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Your body is readjusting/recalibrating. It'll come back. Yes, write everything down and tell your doctor. Keep up the activity!
  • JUDGEDBY1
    Options
    there's no need to worry thats what happens. When you workout after a long time, you notice that your body starts changing on the outside, and obviously in the inside. You hormones just change become a little imbalance until it gets use to the work. But keep it up. This means you are actually working hard enough for your body to feel the change.
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your body is a funny thing! Mine can miss a month, be 12 days late or just turn up out of the blue early 2 weeks early if I'm planning to go on holiday! I give up working out when I'm due!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Like someone said, your body is readjusting and it's just changing your cycle. Nothing to worry about :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yea, it happens sometimes. Happens with a changed diet too, mines all out of whack now.
  • andrialindsay
    Options
    I wonder about this too. Mine went MIA for two months. And there was no way I could be preggo lol. However it came back with a vengeance. :laugh:
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    Yrs your exercise can change that. Don't worry about it. You may end up with a completely different schedule for your cycle. Don't depend on the schedule you had before starting to workout.
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thanks ya'll. i'll keep all that in mind. lol