How did you do on Thanksgivening?

Options
I did pretty good. I didn't log any of my food. But I think I did good.

Replies

• kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I logged everything and did well.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So I did really quite well on Thanksgiving. I was only a little over. However, apparently that gave me permission to be terrible on Friday. I'm quite upset with myself.
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I logged and went over a bit but made it up the next day. May take a few days to flush the sodium out of my system. Hope everyone had a great holiday!
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Started mine off with a 9 mile run, so had lots of available calories to use and still ended up under my allotted amount. I ate some of everything but used small portions and kept under control. It was a great day and I had a wonderful time with family!
  • Ernestern
    Ernestern Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did my best at logging everything I ate. I know I probably underestimated a few things. As it stands I went over my goal for weight loss but still managed to keep below what I need to sustain...
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I did really good. I logged all of my food. A couple of my family members commented on my plate and what was not on it. But, you know, I didn't feel deprived and I also didn't have that terrible feeling afterwords. You know that feeling? Too full, feel like you need a lonnnngggg nap and then heartburn sets in. I didn't have that!!!!!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I logged everything & only allowed myself one splurge, which was 1/2 cup of my grandma's stuffing. Delicious! Otherwise, ate turkey & unadulterated squash that I asked my aunt to save on the side. I'm not a big sweets fan so didn't miss the pumpkin pie. Glad I made it through without any major set backs. :)
  • Kylea51
    Options
    i did real good. Ate till i was satified, not stuffed. my DD future in laws have 3 diabetic ppl in the family now, so the dinner was a lot for them, sugars and salts and stuff like that were not on the menu. If you wanted salt, salt it yourself kinda thing. and it was good, I was good. I was proud of myself :happy:
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Worked out Thurs and Fri but ate a lot! Will be working a little harder this week to make up for it! That's ok, back on track today, hence going back to my place today instead of tomorrow where it's easier. The less goodies around the better. My aunt's place was like a candy store!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    I was actually terrified of the holiday since there is so much emphasis on food. I got out and walked 2.4 miles that morning and I am so pleased with how I did throughout the day. I made almost everything so I knew what went into each item, the two casseroles I bought already prepared had the calorie count on the label and were actually in the database so I knew what was in them, I logged everything in advance with portion amount, and stuck to that plan. I was 36 or 39 calories over, and over on sodium, I think, but overall it was awesome. My first Thanksgiving ever without pumpkin pie and I actually survived it! Who knew?? LOL!! :smile:
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I cooked all day, had people came over early .. not time for a workout... the only great thing is that my Grandma (95 years old). Made to my house and had a really good time. I figured running around trying to make everyone happy. Was a good workout....
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    So I did really quite well on Thanksgiving. I was only a little over. However, apparently that gave me permission to be terrible on Friday. I'm quite upset with myself.

Turkey day was fine. I was under my calories didn't even go into my exercise cals earned. Yesterday was crap. I was up early on Black Friday and was starving all day. Ate crap t the mall I seriously never eat. Was starving then last night & had a bad sweet tooth something I never really get. So so bad!
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I think I did pretty well. I tried to log everything as best I could. I probably underestimated some things, but I tried. I did a good workout on Thanksgiving morning, so that helped me stay just under my weight loss calorie limit.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was terrible...I'm back on track now though.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    i logged everything & did pretty good.
  • peacenlv
    peacenlv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    pretty bad id say....my go to's were homemade new york cheesecake, white dinner rolls with butter and i made rosettes for all my neighbors and couldnt control myself..logging was pointless...BUT IM BACK AND READY TO GO!! GOT IT OUTTA MY SYSTEM!! This is my first time looking at the message board, I LV THIS WEBSITE AND ALL OF U WHO R ON THIS JOURNEY WITH ME!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I didn't even bother to log. I've lost 5lbs so far so I felt I deserved an off day. And off I went! haha got back on track yesterday though and will continue to until I hit my goal. And then comes Christmas Eve... ;)
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    (giggle)

I gained 3.6 pounds in 2 days.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I did great on thanksgiving but on Friday i went over but the best part is i lost .08lbs this week. i was out sick all week didn't really get to workout an I still lost a little weight.so it's all good.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think I did well I ate an entire turkey, feet, bones, feathers and all. Then a whole bag of potatos (they were organic, they still had dirt on'em) and then half a slice of low fat pumpkin pie with free range whipped cream.

It was delicious.