New to site

Options
Trying to figure out the whole posting thing.....need to ask my kids apparently!! On the down side of middle aged, need to loose about 35 pounds or so - especially for health reasons! Unfortunately, I love to cook, and love to eat what I cook.... This seems like an awsome site though, very easy to use - and easy to see where the problems are... now to just do it! My wife of 20+ years looks amazing, and I want her to look at me the same way I look at her! (I, unfortunately, no longer look amazing....)
Just joined the gym, cutting down portions - harder to loose the wine..... but I am working on it!!

Replies

• pongo
    pongo Posts: 12
    Options
    Trying to figure out the whole posting thing.....need to ask my kids apparently!! On the down side of middle aged, need to loose about 35 pounds or so - especially for health reasons! Unfortunately, I love to cook, and love to eat what I cook.... This seems like an awsome site though, very easy to use - and easy to see where the problems are... now to just do it! My wife of 20+ years looks amazing, and I want her to look at me the same way I look at her! (I, unfortunately, no longer look amazing....)
    Just joined the gym, cutting down portions - harder to loose the wine..... but I am working on it!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Janemh
    Janemh Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you i havent lost any weight yet but i just started it's more difficult than i thought i need to strengthen my will power
  • Janemh
    Janemh Posts: 3
    Options
    good luck i wish u best
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Just some ideas. Make yourself a ticker so you can see your progress (and so can we) and also, try and log your food in first if you can as you can make better choices that way. Even if you go over your calories, keep logging all your food in. It tells you a lot about yourself.
    Good luck.
  • pongo
    Options
    how did you get the personalized ticker onto your reply? I made one, but cant get it to show up??
  • mlfowler
    mlfowler Posts: 15
    Options
    When you get to the end of making your ticker, it gives you the option to copy and paste a long list of web addresses (it gives you two choices and the first one is for the message board) you need to copy and paste it into the area on your profile(I think) Hope this helped. If I didn't tell them the correct spot to copy and pastes, someone please correct me!
  • pongo
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Boy , for someone who is relatively computer literate, it took me a bit to figure it out!! Well, drawing to the end of week one. Lost three pounds so far, but the weekend is here - Went to an art show opening last night, had appetizers etc....... baaaaad!

Trying to be good today, and playing golf tomorrow so that should help. Pretty amusing - the calorie counter here shows 800+ burned for 2hrs walking......no way, based on how hard I have to work on the treadmill/eliptical at the gym to burn 450 or so.....

worked out 4 times this week though!