You have to be kidding.

Options
kiminita
kiminita Posts: 150 Member
This is just an annoyed rant, for those of you that care to read through it.
I received a message from someone here on MFP with whom I have had no prior contact. And they told me to think about changing my profile picture. I wish I could appreciate such an effort, but I really do not. I was informed by this person that people cannot take me seriously, and that I should consider not doing this to myself. I am completely baffled!
I told this person that the picture is meant to remind people not to take things to seriously. How ironic, huh? Honestly this website is awesome, and I have been fortunate enough to encounter some pretty nice people that do not judge me over this. That being said, I really do not care if people can't take me seriously on a forum. You will most likely NEVER ever meet me. I am a very career and goal oriented young woman. I am educated, and I am dedicated to my family, education and health. My presence on this website says at least that much. Messages telling me that I am a "child" and that I am doing something terrible to myself are what I believe to be attempts to bully and harass. Although some may see this as a form of advice, or that they are trying to inform me of how to better improve my image online, it really is not. It just isn't. It's extremely condescending. If this person sends me a third message, I will consider it harassment.

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?

Some people need to relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy life.

Don't let them bother you.

My profile pic is my car with a red nose and reindeer antlers on it... should I not be taken seriously because I dress my car up as Rudolph for the holidays? *shakes head*
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just block them...if they have messaged you twice..its already two times too many.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Report and block!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I like the picture. I think it makes you memorable.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Profile pics are a form of self expression. What kind of self important busy body tells someone what kind of profile pic to use? Sheesh!

I spent all October with a profile pic of me in a cat face.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    nah, keep it! it's awesome! and hey, add me if ya like!!
  • kiminita
    Options
    And...alas, they sent me a third message:

**Edited by Moderator to remove quoted PM from other user"

What a way to project! Obviously someone cares a bit too much about being taken seriously.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Keep the picture. Block the idiot. :)
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I like your profile pic!

Some people just have too much time on their hands.

I just saw your post about the 3rd message...BLOCK that person! Talk about a weirdo.
  • Thena81
    Options
    I like the picture. I think it makes you memorable.

well said
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OMG crazy, I love the pic and I love to laugh.
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    Just block them...if they have messaged you twice..its already two times too many.

Yes agree totally, love your picture! Why do any of have us have to be taken "seriously" on a weight loss page anyway?
  • Thena81
    Options
    oh wow! you have a stalker!! lol
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I say... report them. Seriously. Block and report. They need to back off and find something else to do. :)
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow. They sound seriously crazy.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Wow wtf! Block them and report them for sure. 1 message is 1 too many if you ask me... for someone who's not even a contact of yours? Ridiculous.
  • kiminita
    Options
    I knew posting this would make me feel better. You guys all ROCK MY SOCKS. *MAKES ANOTHER CROSS EYED FACE*
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. That person is probably very miserable. Who cares anyway. I think your pic is cute and funny! :)
  • kiminita
    Options
    oh wow! you have a stalker!! lol

Dude, everywhere I go!!! LOL
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    And...alas, they sent me a third message:

What a way to project! Obviously someone cares a bit too much about being taken seriously.

Report and block! Hostile stalker.