1300 cal diet and 5 days at the gym very little progress??

Options
Ahh.. will someone tell me that muscle can make that much difference in my weight loss?

I have been so good with my diet and running for 30 min atleast 5 days a week and weight training..

I can slowly feel myself toning, but how long will it take!

I didnt realise it took so long to lose weight.. dieting sucks and its making me totally depressed!!

But what a rollercoaster of emotions because i'm happy after a good day and knowing i'm not going to gain weight makes me happy.. but what a struggle all day not eating the entire box of chocolates at work..

Blagh.. i dont expect a response to this but i just needed to vent..

Thanks..

Replies

• ashlaurenn
    Options
    Ahh.. will someone tell me that muscle can make that much difference in my weight loss?

I have been so good with my diet and running for 30 min atleast 5 days a week and weight training..

I can slowly feel myself toning, but how long will it take!

I didnt realise it took so long to lose weight.. dieting sucks and its making me totally depressed!!

But what a rollercoaster of emotions because i'm happy after a good day and knowing i'm not going to gain weight makes me happy.. but what a struggle all day not eating the entire box of chocolates at work..

Blagh.. i dont expect a response to this but i just needed to vent..

Thanks..
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    Hang in there! You're doing everything right. Sometimes it takes your body a little while to "let go"!
    A Weight Watcher's leader in a meeting I was in said that sometimes it's 1-2 weeks before you see the results- like you're always a bit behind. This can go for gaining as well as losing.
    Are you eating your extra calories from working out? You might be eating too little, if you're not. In which case your body won't let go as readily. Oh....and drink lots of water!!!
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    Add some weight training to your work out! It's a more efficient way to burn calories than cardio alone. Make sure you get a good balance of Carbs/Fat/Protein.
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

I've been on this diet for 5 weeks now..i do weights training 4 times a week. I'm at the gym everyday except one. So i actually work out alot. I ran 10km tonight after work in under 50 minutes!! (want to go in the vancouver sun run so thought i'd try it!)

I think i just need to wait a bit longer.. i am just so impatient!

I used to eat toast, then a sandwich then pasta as my meals..

I thought changing my diet after 5 weeks i would be miraculously thin!

maybe i'll change my user name to obviously dreaming....
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    Hello first I need to say

DONT GET FRUSTRATED.
    I posted a post under food and nutrition might want to read called Caloric intake, so you dont get frustrated. I am as I went back to look a according to this a 1405 caloric intake aday diet. I must say I am eatting quite well.
    You need to think outside of the box when dieting. Right now I am sitting here typing you while eating a 3 egg omlete with green chilis chees and turkey and parsley and salsa and this is the end of the day with one meal to go and I still have 558 calories I can intake.

Now reguarding the gym, pending what your wanting to do pends on the type of diet you need to be on. in any excercise you can go all day and still not get anywhere but tired depressed and burnt out. change it up cut it back. I work out five days a week also but have a program that I work on which changes every end of cycle. I keep track of what I do too so as to see the progress that I am making. Rest is also a key word too if your body doesn't recover your only hurting yourself.

The biggest thing is do not weigh your self everyday. That can be just a depressing. do it once a week or even every other week. get a body fat test that is a great way to see where your at too.

Most of all have fun with the diet and change as needed to the needs you want to acheive. If your weight training then a 1300 calorie diet is all wrong especially if your looking to build muscle mass. but if your toning your on the right track .

Have fun any questions please ask like I said in my post I may not have the answer but I can do my best to find it for you. I love what I do and I love food too.

Lonnie
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    Thanks! Thats exactly what i needed to hear. I love food, i love cooking, i love sport and exercising and i must admit i dont have much to loose to be in a healthy weight category.. but what a pain.

I will definetly think about what you have said, i think i need a change, food and exercise..

Thanks for your wise words! I really appreciate it.. man this site is quite good hey! i've only been on here for 3 days!

:)
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi,
    I saw you only need to lose 9 lbs. When you only have to lose under 20 lbs. it definitely takes a while to start losing those 9 lbs of fat, especially if you are trying to tone up. It always takes me 6 - 8 weeks on a new program to lose, and even then it is usually only 1 lb/week. I know that sounds pretty depressing, but it means you are doing it right. I try to take my measurements every two weeks, because it is much more encouraging than the scale. Watch how your clothes fit and how sexy your toned arms will look and it really helps.
    Good luck.
  • rasmussencl
    Options
    Ha i know exactly how you feel. I started this diet around the same time as you and like you i exercise almost every day either lifting weights running or doing some sort of cardio like badminton. Granted i am a guy and a couple years younger but i think you should start to see the results that ur looking for because i did the same thing. It seemed as if nothing would work to loose those lbs but i just stuck to it and just this week i started to notice how my clothes were fitting just that much better. Haha dont call me a psychic when this happens but im going to say that ur going to start dropping those lbs that you want to get rid of in the next one to two weeks. Hope to hear from ya and hope everything goes well.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    also, if you're doing weight training, you are probably building muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. however, if you continue with it, muscle helps you burn fat faster and all the time, not jsut when you're exercising. plus you'll look toned!

keep going, you can do it!!
    :heart:
  • Drkrimage2
    Options
    Good morning all, Having lifted weights most of my life wether thru competeing or just training, you can lose all the fat you want thru dieting, that is great lowering the fat %age of the body is great you look toned and people crave you if you dont over do it. But lifting weights will increase your weight if that is what you want. Higer protein intake lower carb and sugar intake. Untill show time then carb boost. but good lean meat and fish is awesome for those looking for mass. along with all your supplements. When doing this it is reccomended that you work with someone IE> trainer, Doctor - who can monitor your fat %age. a True test is a water test, the pinch an inch is not reliable. you can also get it done thru an electric monitor, most golds gyms and power houses have these. talk to a Bodybuilder trainer they should be able to hook you up. with this you can get a print out which is very detailed. along with if you want to spend the money great diet idea. make sure your doiong the proper rest time between days, and on days off do aerobic , fun thing is everyone does some type of aerobic eveyday may be minimal but you do it.

Keep up the great work and have a awesome day.

Lonnie- Denver Colo
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    Good morning all, Having lifted weights most of my life wether thru competeing or just training, you can lose all the fat you want thru dieting, that is great lowering the fat %age of the body is great you look toned and people crave you if you dont over do it. But lifting weights will increase your weight if that is what you want. Higer protein intake lower carb and sugar intake. Untill show time then carb boost. but good lean meat and fish is awesome for those looking for mass. along with all your supplements. When doing this it is reccomended that you work with someone IE> trainer, Doctor - who can monitor your fat %age. a True test is a water test, the pinch an inch is not reliable. you can also get it done thru an electric monitor, most golds gyms and power houses have these. talk to a Bodybuilder trainer they should be able to hook you up. with this you can get a print out which is very detailed. along with if you want to spend the money great diet idea. make sure your doiong the proper rest time between days, and on days off do aerobic , fun thing is everyone does some type of aerobic eveyday may be minimal but you do it.

Keep up the great work and have a awesome day.

Lonnie- Denver Colo

I'm a 24 year old female, body building isn't on the cards.. but thanks!
  • quality
    quality Posts: 1
    Options
    Im going through the ame thing that you are, its hard to get it going at first but if you hang in there you will start to se results. I lost 20 punds a few months ago and it took me a couple of weeks to start dropping the weight.