Over eating on Weekends...

Options
Hi.. I always seem to over eat on the weekends but during the week i always good and stay under my calorie goals.. does anyone else have this problem???

Replies

• LMTx
    LMTx Posts: 19
    Options
    YES!
    Friday nights & Saturday nights are my absolute weakness!
    I was meant to be having sauasge casserole for tea last night but we'd ran out of potatoes, so off I went to the supermarket, BIG MISTAKE!
    Ended up giving into my cravings & pigging out on pizza and Ben & Jerry's. Not good!
    Although as long as you dust yourself off and get back on the wagon, it's okay to cheat every now and then x
  • Notfatand30
    Notfatand30 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged!!! Yep I have this problem too, Fridays and Saturdays are worst for me, you're not alone! lol x
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The weekends are my hardest time. Usually I am invited out to dinner with friends or family and often there is wine involved and desserts. Plus when you are off work for 2 days you are out of your regular, structured meals routine. Here's hoping we make it through this weekend without any added pounds! Good luck!
  • Jashella
    Jashella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yea, got the same problem. Overate by 250calories today. Hoping to do more exercise tomorrow to make up for it.
  • LMTx
    Options
    I'm hoping that a few hours christmas shopping is going to burn up a few of those 'EXTRA' calories I consumed last night lol.
  • nikkimee
    Options
    I went over by 700 calories.. not good...
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    Yes!!! First week this week. Yesterday I knew I was going out for a beer so I missed dinner, 197 over so I will still lose weight over the day but I know this is not a good way to lose weight. So hungy today and I am really trying to eat healthy food...
  • LMTx
    Options
    I think I can beat you on that... I had pizza & a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's! (Note to self: do not sit shovelling ice cream into your mouth whilst watching tv because sooner or later you'll reach the end of the tub and not even realise :ohwell:)
  • nikkimee
    Options
    looks like i will have to burn extra calories in exercise tomorrow to make up for todays error.... I am so disapointed with myelf..
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I've only been at this for four weeks, but the weekends are always the hardest time.

I usually go out with friends on saturdays, and then I ruin both that day and the day after, craving greasy salty foods. I've even tried planning ahead, doing an extra long workout the same day, or having an especially good week to even out my weekly average. But I always end up putting going over my calories and putting on weight.

This will be my first "good" weekend... No alcohol of any kind! But I'm afraid I can't resist a yummy Saturday night dinner....
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also. (._.) It's not major but still I tend to go over a bit at times
  • nikkimee
    Options
    Hi LMTx.. Now that ice cream must have been a lot of caloriues you poor thing...:noway:
  • LMTx
    Options
    Yes it was but do you know what I highly enjoyed it lol!
    I've just written yesterday off as a very bad day!
    I won't be doing it again in a hurry though, now I know they say don't eat food in front of the tv :ohwell:
  • beckie4442
    Options
    Yep I'm the same, i do try to work the cals off but I get a bit lazy and it doesn't work if you eat pizza and drink LOTS of wine all in one go ( like I did last weekend ) I'm much better during the week :)
  • nikkimee
    Options
    LMTx... I seem to always eat in front of the TV.. trying to stop but it always wins over on the weekends:sad:
  • LMTx
    Options
    We're all going to have slip ups - obviously some bigger than others... I think my pizza & ice cream was a pretty big one lol!
    But as long as you don't do it all the time then I'm sure it'll all be fine. You have to be naughty sometimes :laugh:.
    I'm a saint during the week... I'm going to make sure I avoid supermarkets on a Friday night & then it's just Saturday night I need to master. Which is managable!
    Haha nikkimee I completely sympathise. I'm a late evening TV watching grazer haha! x
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Stop beating yourself up over it. You've taken a big step by recognising a pattern of behaviour that you want to try to change.

Now you need to take action. When you're sitting in front of the TV and the urge to binge comes upon you, you ed to ask yourself the important questions:

Am I hungry?
    Am I bored?
    Am I craving something else?

If you ask yourself these questions and really listen to your answer you will discover a lot about yourself and learn to address those cravings.

It takes a while, I'm not saying it's easy, and sometimes I still give in to the odd naughty treat (I'm losing weight, I'm not doing a penance!) but the majority of the time I recognise what my body actually needs.

Good luck x
  • lemorncutt
    Options
    I really like the above advice, you are sooo right. It's hard to overcome but you can break this habit. Maybe go out for dinner at a nice restaurant with a healthy meal that way junk food can't tempt u at home . Or go out clubbing on weekends !!! Hahaha
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Maybe try meeting or going slightly over your calorie goals the rest of the week? Going under may be causing you to binge once the weekend hits. There's a MFP sticky that addresses this. Something along the lines of someone eating right most of the time, but the binges negate any progress which can be very disheartening. I think it's better to have little, controlled indulgences throughout the week rather than binge 1-2 days out of the week.

Or maybe if it's just a weekend temptation no matter what you do the rest of the week, stay away from places with lots of food especially unhealthy ones. Junk food can't tempt you at home, if they're not there.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I knowingly saunter off track most weekends. I try to keep it within reason and I still exercise but relaxing a bit and eating things I typically don't eat during the week helps keep me sane and on track the rest of the time.