Yogurt Question

Options
For those who can shed some light??

I love yogurt, but I have only found one brand that is low sugar and low carb for a 8 oz serving

Kroger Brand Carb Smart.

I have heard about all the wonderful flavors of Lite and lively, but I don't care for the numbers on the panel....

Please help!!!!

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

I love yogurt, but I have only found one brand that is low sugar and low carb for a 8 oz serving

Kroger Brand Carb Smart.

I have heard about all the wonderful flavors of Lite and lively, but I don't care for the numbers on the panel....

Please help!!!!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'd rather think about cutting out sugars and carbs in other aspects of my diet. I love yogurt. Source, Silhouette, etc.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I just use Dannon Lite and Fit. I don't do all the different tastes because I usually eat it with granola.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit is the best I can find...its 60 calories per container (6 oz), 0 fat, 10g carbs, 7g sugar, 5 g protein...is does have less than 1% sucralose, Vitamin A 10%, Calcium 20%, Vitamin D 20%, Riboflavin 20%, Vitamin B12 10%, Phosphorus 15%...comes in fruit flavors, lemon chiffon, vanilla and white chocolate rasberry.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    The Activia yogurts are great, 110 cal for 4oz serving. More rational serving size.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Thank you all, lite and fit it is.....

yum yum, bring on the flavors
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Kroger Brand Carb Smart.

Please help!!!!

I don't like the numbers on the back either. I eat the Kroger Carb Smart stuff. I buy the vanilla and dump it in a bowl with a teaspoon of spenda and then slice up a banana or berries (if in season) and mix it in. I like it just as well as any other stuff out there and I am getting in some fruit!
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Great idea, I have made smoothies with it before with s=vanilla soy milk....:drinker:
  • JPRexRun
    JPRexRun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They also make an Activia light which is 70cal... and a lot easier on the stomach than the heavier regular.

The Dannon Light and Fits are GREAT - only 60 cal for a nice portion size. I put All Bran Buds or a chopped up apple into it....
  • stilistjen
    Options
    My favorite is just plain non-fat yogurt with a teaspoon of strawberry jam and fresh strawberries (if you can get them). Delicious! And nowhere close to the amount of sugar : )
  • moonshadow
    Options
    Now that sounds like the way to go. I think I'll start doing that. Plain yogart w/ fresh fruits from area farmer. Help local farmers at the same time
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    My favorite is just plain non-fat yogurt with a teaspoon of strawberry jam and fresh strawberries (if you can get them). Delicious! And nowhere close to the amount of sugar : )

Mmmm...me too! I buy plain yogurt and add fruit, and vanilla extract, and a scant sprinkling of dried currants for sweetness.