New to dieting and this site.

Options
My name is Jen. In highschool (1997) I was about 115 lbs. Ever since then, I have been gaining weight slowly. I now weigh 220. I feel unsexy and fat. I hate shopping for clothes. Nothing fits right.
I was told about this site by a friend and I am hoping it will give me the motivation I need. I own a treadmill, so I have access to excersize. I just dont have any discipline.

Replies

• thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, you've taken the first step by joining! You'll find lots of support on here. Add me as a friend if you like. Good luck!!!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, I like this site, because I can plan out my food for the day. Once it is written down I think it's harder to stray off course. Add me as a friend if you would like. I'm fairly new to this site too, but I really like the way it is laid out and I'll help you in any way that I can.

Welcome!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi jen. Congrats for joining! I've been on here about a week and a half. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've taken the right first step in joining MFP. you can friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • sharrison1969
    Options
    Hello Jen, I am glad you decided to use the site. I love the site and it has helped me tremendously. I love logging my exercise and the food that I consume daily. Good luck and you can add me as a friend. :bigsmile:
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Jen! You have come to the right place for support and taken the first step. The discipline is something you will have to find and put into daily use. It's all about making a change to a healthier life style. Get the treadmill out and readily accessible (moved mine to the living room) and start using it. Start small and build up to a level that you can handle. Open your diary to viewable, if it isn't already, and be honest with yourself, if it goes through the lips you log it in. Feel free to add me as a friend. My husband is my biggest supporter, and he used to tell me that 65 days makes it a habit, I can't believe I have well doubled that already, I still have a lot to take off, but I know that I will get there and stay there this time.
  • Christinne8
    Options
    Hey Jen, I have been here for only about 3-4 weeks. Love it very much. I am the queen of procrastinators and get an "A+" in class "No Discipline 101". At least you have a treadmill, I have to go out to work out. But I have the support of this website and a very dear friend of mine, if it weren't for her and the website, I would have probably gained a pound or two instead of losing the 5 that I have already. Make sure that you enter everything in, and when you are feeling down, just read some of the posts or stories. You'll love it!!! Add me if you would like.
  • jennifer13denise
    Options
    Thank you to all of the support and good wishes.
    I have started a group for those who live in my area, saint cloud minnesota.
    feel free to join.
    thanks!