best way to get rid of flabby arms?

Options
2»

Replies

• secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Diet is still going to be the priority in your efforts. For many women, the arms are the last place the weight tends to come off.

Incorporate some tricep training (e.g. tricep presses, tricep kickbacks, and one-hand tricep pulldowns). Keep in mind that it will take some time.

Also incorporate some cardio work to bring it all together.

Shawn
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I always thought a moderate calorie deficit resulted in weightloss?
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Eimear_k
    Eimear_k Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'm having arm issues too, this is an awesome website, thanks for the link!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I always thought a moderate calorie deficit resulted in weightloss?

Generally--but underarm flab is pretty much known to be the hardest area for women to tone and reduce fat;) (Even fairly thin women fight this--I have a petite, tone upper body and my underarms are still an issue)
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. and a couple of hand weights. 25 minute workout that completely changed my arms!!!!!

I completely agree with the above. I am 42 years old and my arms have never looked so good..I've been a gym rat and still never got these results. Now I am doing the Ripped in 30 (also Jillian)..I would say Ripped in 30 is a little bit tougher than 30 Day Shred, but I think she is also going for variety. If you do the same exercises day after day your muscles won't respond..it's all about muscle confusion, protein and a good technique.
  • MarcilynJ
    Options
    I like CollageVideo.com workout tapes, you can sort by what your goals are, such as to target arms. But I think growing muscle will help. but I would guess the saggy arms is fat and you need to lose fat with cardio and diet, and then work on muscle building. Check out CollageVideo.com - I have found tapes on there for as little as $10 that I have had and used for almost 20 years and still have them.