new to fitness pal

Options
So I have just started myfitnesspal yesterday online and on my phone. So far so good and I enjoy it much more than my past use of weight watcherts. I also like that it's free ;-) big bonus for me since i would rather use my money towards buying healther items.

My current weight is 192.6 and I'm 5'7". I have almost 30lbs to loose. I hope to get to 165 by September 2012. My sisters wedding is coming up and I'm one of the bridesmaids. After my own wedding over a year and a half ago and a stress full job i was 165 and my highest was 198. I have never been over 185 and when i stepped on the scale I about died.

I have changed jobs that allow me to do more walking and not just sitting at a desk most of the day. I'm putting everything that I eat in the food journal. I also just recieved a bottle of Healthe Trim that was given to me by a friend to try. It worked for her and she knew I wouldn't buy it so she gave me one of her extra bottles. l'm not sure about taking a pill since i know that the only weight loss is eat less work out more.

Well I wish everyone good luck with this program and obtaining your goals.

Michelle

Replies

• w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,873 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I am sure you can reach your goals. I'm same height as you but I thought I was too old and my metabolism too slow to really lose weight anymore. Ha! I've now hit the 20-pound mark in my weight loss since joining MFP in August 2011.

Set yourself interim goals, and enjoy the "in five weeks you'll be..."! I actually enjoy working out so much more now that I can go record it on mfp!
    :laugh:
  • RoyalLadySanders
    Options
    Welcome....welcome.....welcome!! I have actually had my mfp account since earlier this year but just started using it faithfully about a week and a half ago. I'm taking advantage of it and am loving it (the simplicity, support, etc) more than ever. I enjoyed reading your post and can't wait to hear your reports and progress. Let's do it!!

Janice
  • Brisin87
    Options
    im the same height as you also and around the same weight i never weighed more than 150-155 and im trying to get back down to that for my brother wedding thats in june with determination i think we can do it
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there and well come to MFP good luck with your weight loss we are all looking to do the same here so everyone is really friendly feel free to add me i will be happy to spur you on :smile:
  • copykatnjesus
    copykatnjesus Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It just takes a decision and then
    be faithful about logging into MFP. If will really
    help you stay on track. And, all the encouragement
    will help you stick with it. God bless!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • Tany27
    Tany27 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just started yesterday aswell!!! Total goal to loose about 20 lbs but to be begin with wud love to loose 4 lbs by end of year!!! That's not much to ask for.... Is it;)