Going to live my life!

Options
So, here I am, eighteen years old and with nothing to show for it. My weight has stopped me from going out, having friends, finding love and being happy. But no longer! I shall do this - I shall progress :)

Replies

• MarcilynJ
    Options
    Make it happen! You have so much life ahead of you, make it great!! Get active and eat healthy and think how great you'll feel
  • loswa4
    loswa4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You have made the greatest decision already.....getting started! I have no doubt that you're going to totally rock!
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    being here, making good and healthy choices, eating health, exercising, being free, losing weight makes me feel strong. it makes me feel good about myself, i feel like a winner. and you will too, just do it!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting a new healthy life style. I like this site because ultimately I'm in charge of my fate. My choices are what will make the changes I need. Stay strong, you've made a great decision!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Keep that mindset and you can do anything :)
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    being here, making good and healthy choices, eating health, exercising, being free, losing weight makes me feel strong. it makes me feel good about myself, i feel like a winner. and you will too, just do it!
    They can because they think they can.
  • skinnygirldiet
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! <3

I'm weak, lazy and self-indulgent so I will definitely not be motivated tomorrow - just a heads up if you add me! I'm pathetic and can't keep to any sort of limit or rule.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Bravo to you! I wish I had your mindset when I was 18. I didn't get my head together until I was 31 and so much had already passed me by.

As an aside -- don't look for love. It's so much better when it finds you. :heart:
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! <3

I'm weak, lazy and self-indulgent so I will definitely not be motivated tomorrow - just a heads up if you add me! I'm pathetic and can't keep to any sort of limit or rule.

You up for a little tough love? 'Cause I can bring that. (Better at giving it than taking my own advice, mind you, but I can bring the tough love.)

First bit of tough love: weight does not, by itself, bring friends, activities, love, or happiness. Those things exist apart from our bodies. There are plenty of skinny people who are lonely and self-defeating! So as long as you focus on the things you loathe about yourself, you've got a long uphill climb. Mindsets feed on themselves, and it seems like you need to start by having *yourself* in your corner. (If you're not willing to fight for you, who will?)

Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to identify ONE successful thing about yourself or your day. Blog about it, journal, tell us in this forum, whatever. But focus on something GOOD about YOU. And then, tomorrow, consider doing that again. And maybe even the next day. And so on.... 'cause that way, it's not a rule, just something to think about doing. :)