Protien shake suggestions for women?

Options
Going out to get a protien shake mix tomorrow & was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for brands they like. Preferrably one that doesn't taste TOO terrible.

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    This!
    http://www.dietdirect.com/chocolite-sugar-free-protein-shake-mix.html
    i mix with the vanilla, cuz i find the chocolate strong. but yummy, and sugar free!
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    like the "zero carb shake" and diet shake"? havent tried either ... just read abt them....here>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.explosivenutrition.co.uk/protein-shakes-for-women/
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love 'Sculpt'... tastes good, especially the banana flavour and is very low carb.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Men and women can drink the same shakes. No special ingredient for different genders :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i like chocolate eas whey protein
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get whey isolate natural (not flavored). Many major brands have lots of heavy metal in it and you should certainly avoid them. Arsenic is not something you want. Consumer Reports did a report last summer about this. At any rate, BioChem is a decent brand and the one I'm using right now. One of the premium one that's made from grass fed cows is EnergyFirst and that's probably the best you can get. It is expensive.

Naturally the flavored ones taste somewhat better. I mix a half a banana in mine and that gives it flavor and texture.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Men and women can drink the same shakes. No special ingredient for different genders :)

This. I really liked EAS Vanilla. I really do NOT like Muscletech vanilla. I like vanilla because you can mix it with things easier.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I like the Visalus Protien Powder. YOu can mix it will milk or water but I like it with milk.
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Isopure Dutch Chocolate is the only one I can tolerate. I am (UNFORTUNATELY) a very picky eater, and this one is actually not bad. It tastes almost like chocolate milk. :o) It's pricey, but tolerable.
  • GMPOTS
    GMPOTS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love OH YEAH, RTD strawberry, choc, cookies and cream, at vitamin store. But I also like RTD EAS shakes.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Your most versatile and quality product.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    haha I have a sweet tooth... so I have Nectar Sweets - double cookie- with almond milk it taste like oreo! They also have lemonade and fruit punch flavors if you do not like the typical chocolate and vanilla. I would go into a GNC or a place that sells it and tell them your routine and goals. I did this and they told me which ones to get and why. They also told me which ones not to get. It was a big help.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Gaspari Myofusion fan here.

I've tried both Chocolate Peanut Butter(needs some extra peanut butter, otherwise there is no real taste) and Milk Chocolate(tastes like liquid pudding!). I've also heard that the cookies and cream flavor is really good.. and since it's always sold out at my gym, it must be!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I suggest you get whey isolate natural (not flavored). Many major brands have lots of heavy metal in it and you should certainly avoid them. Arsenic is not something you want. Consumer Reports did a report last summer about this. At any rate, BioChem is a decent brand and the one I'm using right now. One of the premium one that's made from grass fed cows is EnergyFirst and that's probably the best you can get. It is expensive.

Naturally the flavored ones taste somewhat better. I mix a half a banana in mine and that gives it flavor and texture.

That Consumer Reports article has been thoroughly debunked:
    NSF International cannot comment on the test results reported in the July 2010, Consumer Reports
    article on protein drinks. It omits critical information about the laboratory that performed the test and its
    accreditation qualifications. ISO 17025 accreditation is critical for any laboratory testing for heavy metals
    in dietary supplements and nutritional products. The article also omits the test methods used, analytical
    preparation, sample size, the basis of their risk assessment, detection limits, quality control data and
    instrumentation used for this report.

-NSF uses validated test methods and is confident in its test results and certifications.

-NSF's test results do not reflect the concentrations stated in the Consumer Reports article.

http://www.nsf.org/business/newsroom/pdf/NSF_Statement_Consumer_Reports_Protein_Drinks.pdf
  • lovelee79
    Options
    bump
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    I recently bought a thing of Whey Protein - Body Fortress - Chocolate. It did not taste bad, BUT several hours after I drank this mixture, I got a really bad headache in one side of my head (likely a migraine) & started seeing bright, zig-zag flashes of light. My left hand then went numb. It was very strange and had never happened to me before. I looked up migraines associated with whey protein, and surely enough I found several stories about it. I don't know if I had an allergic reaction or what, but all the testimonials I read in relation to migraines and whey protein were w/ the Body Fortress brand only. Be careful if you choose to use this, as our bodies are all different. Prior to this I had been buying Atkins protein shakes (chocolate - I can't remember the exact name, but it has a screw-off lid) & those taste verrry good. The only downside is that they're expensive.. six dollars and something for four of them..
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for suggestions too, however I'm looking for one that has additional nutrients also.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I use Nutiva Chocolate Hemp Protein and Vanilla Primal Fuel by Primal Nutrition. I use them for my protein intake because I do not eat meat or legumes.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Healthy Snack, One Cup Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened (35 Calories) add one scoop Champion Nutrition Low Sugar Pure Whey Protein Stack Chocolate (130 calories) with 23g of Protein. I add three ice cubes because I like mine very cold. I blend it up like a milkshake. So good fills you up and you get needed protein.. It's plenty sweet with the unsweetened almond milk.. Total calories 165 it's as filling as a meal.. I usually have one per day sometimes two.. Try it.... You can freeze it and eat it like ice cream...
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Healthy Snack, One Cup Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened (35 Calories) add one scoop Champion Nutrition Low Sugar Pure Whey Protein Stack Chocolate (130 calories) with 23g of Protein. I add three ice cubes because I like mine very cold. I blend it up like a milkshake. So good fills you up and you get needed protein.. It's plenty sweet with the unsweetened almond milk.. Total calories 165 it's as filling as a meal.. I usually have one per day sometimes two.. Try it.... You can freeze it and eat it like ice cream...
    This is great. I drink almond milk daily - this would make a great frozen treat.
    I also like to mix my protein powder in with plain greek yogurt, taste like chocolate pudding.