Gym Routine

Options
I'm a member of a gym that does not have a pool or classes. I would like to hear about other people's gym routines so I can get some ideas and switch it up.

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I don't do any classes. Just not that interested. Here's my routine.

M - Cardio - 25 minute jog and 30 minute kettlebell routine.
    T - Strength Training - 10 minute power walk to warm up and then heavy weight training for 45 minutes (whatever muscle group I'm working on).
    W - Rest day.
    R - Cardio - 25 minute job and 30 minute circuit training.
    F - Strength Training - Same as above.

Off on the weekends. I typically burn 600 calories on my cardio days and 400 on my strength training days.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Right now I just lift (either upper body or lower body using the machines) and do 30 min on the eliptical. I like to hear what other people do though b/c the gym can get very boring. This week I was thinking of doing arms, 30 cardio, legs, 30 cardio 4x per week and just going for a walk outside on the other three days.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @ Poustotah Thanks for your routine! I love ideas! PS- I used to work in Highland Park so not too far from where you live!
  • peacenlv
    peacenlv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend u subscribe to OXYGEN magazine..like ur own personal trainer! ($20 a yr)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I recently switched and do cardio and strength every day Im at the gym

M: 30 min run, 10 min warm up on elliptical, 10 min cool down on bike, strength train: back, calves, triceps, shoulders
    T:15 mins bike, 15 mins treadmill, 15 min elliptical, strengths training: core, quads, chest. biceps
    TH:30 min run, 10 min warm up on elliptical, 10 min cool down on bike, strength train: back, calves, triceps, shoulders
    F:5 mins bike, 15 mins treadmill, 15 min elliptical, strengths training: core, quads, chest. biceps

Sa: Interval training on the treadmill: run for 1 minute at 5, 5.5., 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, and 8 walk for 2mins at 4 and then start again

Good luck!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I try to hit strenght training four times a week - meet with a personal trainer for two of the sessions, two on my own.
    I do cardio on the same days - 30 - 40 minutes.

When the weather is warm, I go to the pool - love doing laps and exercises in the pool, or waking outside on the trails.

One of the things that keeps me motivated is my trainer at the gym.... He kicks my butt and puts me in line on a regular basis.