At What Point......

Options
did you know you were at the weight you should be?
I am pretty much at my goal weight, but I still don't like the way I look. I am right within the range for my height/weight/age but I think I still need to lose some.
If I was to tell someone my weight, they would say I was small, but looking at me I don't feel that weight at all.

Does this make any sense???::ohwell:

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    did you know you were at the weight you should be?
    I am pretty much at my goal weight, but I still don't like the way I look. I am right within the range for my height/weight/age but I think I still need to lose some.
    If I was to tell someone my weight, they would say I was small, but looking at me I don't feel that weight at all.

Does this make any sense???::ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    At some point we have to decide whether we do indeed have excess body fat or just a distorted body image. :flowerforyou:

I have a body fat goal because body weight tells me nothing about my body composition. But more importantly, I work on liking my body. I pick out what I like and remind myself of it every day. I challenge myself to like things I've always hated, like my legs. I take time to REALLY look at them without any comparison to other women or the media, and make sure I'm not saying anything negative. I don't have a very high body fat right now. But 2 years ago, at almost the same weight, my body fat was much higher and I looked entirely different. So regardless of my weight, I look a lot better and have a much better body composition.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Total sense!!! I'm at 2 lbs past my goal and am still unhappy. I'm very proud of myself but feel like I could stand to lose a few more. People at work tell me I look too skinny (of course, the see me in scrubs, not regular clothes). If you go to SELF.com they have a "happy weight" calculator that might give you an idea of where you should be.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I ask myself this question all the time. I want to know how to look at my body and see it for the way it looks to others. I'm nowhere close to being able to do that for myself.

I am proud of my results, the more I work out and lift, I love the changes I see in my body, I'm finding lifting very satisfying and I like it more than I ever thought I would. I'm probably the happiest with my body when I'm at the gym, dripping with sweat and the bad lighting is showing all of my newly developing muscles!

At home in my bathroom mirrors, not so much in love with much that I see. I pick out all the flaws and all the areas that will never be what I want them to be. I'm trying to learn to be happy with the way I look, I don't think it's going to happen overnight but I do try and remind myself that I abused my body for a long time, over 10 years, I should be thrilled with how much better it looks.

I'm a perfectionist in so many areas of my life, now that I've put my focus on me, I want me to be perfect too. Hard goal to live up to.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you work on toning more than you will be more happy. I'd say that its ok if you want to loose a little bit more as long as your not under weight for your height, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Total sense!!! I'm at 2 lbs past my goal and am still unhappy. I'm very proud of myself but feel like I could stand to lose a few more. People at work tell me I look too skinny (of course, the see me in scrubs, not regular clothes). If you go to SELF.com they have a "happy weight" calculator that might give you an idea of where you should be.

I like that "happy weight" calculator! But my problem is am I small framed or medium framed?? I know @ 5'2" I have to shop in the Jr or Petite section and my fingers barely overlap on one wrist and just meet on the other... so??? HELP:laugh:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Well, I would think that if you're at your goal weight, maybe you need to have a fitness goal now instead of a weight goal - work on being more physically fit, lift weights, etc. I don't know what you've been doing so I can't be too specific - just a suggestion.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    LOL, the happy weight calculator told me that my happy weight is my goal weight. Purty cool.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

I like that "happy weight" calculator! But my problem is am I small framed or medium framed?? I know @ 5'2" I have to shop in the Jr or Petite section and my fingers barely overlap on one wrist and just meet on the other... so??? HELP:laugh:

I have the same issue! I count myself at a small frame though since my fingers just barely overlap if I try really hard.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Mine told me about 15 pounds LESS than what I'm aiming for. :frown: