How did you lose your stomach?

Options
I know you can't spot reduce, but i also know that there are many of you out there that have lost belly fat. I need help. my stomach is the largest part of me. please share you success with me and help me reach my goal. thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I lost everywhere else, and that included my tummy, lol.

Like you said, you can't spot reduce. Just work on cardio, weight training, and eating right, and you will get smaller all around (pun intended)!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    bump. I am also interested. I feel like my belly is an alien that's attached itself to me. It feels like a separate entity that refuses to LEAVE.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    P90X, Ab ripper X
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we are all a little different in terms of the order and areas we lose weight in. If you stay in a consistent calorie deficit and are eating a well balanced diet, in time you will start to lose fat in that area. For example, my stomach area hasn't shrunk in a while, I'm currently noticing changes in my hips and chest area. I'm anxiously awaiting the abdominal region myself.
  • neonemesis
    neonemesis Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Like the Post Aggielu Made intense Cardio like P90X is going to induce the afterburn effect where your body burns calories well after the workout. This helps tremendously
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I have lost some of my stomach. Like she said we have to work out and balance our calories. And for me I think the first place I start putting on fat is my stomach and it's the last to leave. Stick with it!
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It depends on how and where your body likes to store fat. I always lose all the fat off my top half 1st (and gain it there last); to the point where I can have ribs sticking out and still have fat hips and thighs. We just have to be patient :smile:
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i have lost some belly fat and i normally workout everyday. i do turbo fire! i love it and i would recommend it to anyone!!! i love it so much because it gives a schedule to go by and it has everything you need, cardio, toning, sculpting, upper and lower body work outs and i dont have to guess what to do next. Plus i keep my calories, and the hardest part SODIUM, in line. and i guess that works for me. ( you can take a look at my profile pic, i see a difference).

and also i found this article today, because actually i just bought a new AB GYM and want more info on how many i should do a day.... here is the link...... http://www.learnhowtogetaflatstomach.com/how-many-crunches-a-day-to-get-a-flat-stomach/

hope this helps!!!
  • meex
    meex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    30 DS i lost 8 cms off my waist in the first 2 weeks
  • JUDGEDBY1
    Options

Follow her advice. Have you seen her hot tummy. Sad thing is i still couldn't get into the website :(
  • thintyanhuey
    Options
    ehm, i walk in a good posture, and there a breathing method, your tummy go out when u breath in, ur tummy come in when u breath out, u can do anytime anywhere, is a old method taught by one my mum's friends, it works for me
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I’m in the same boat as you but at least I don’t get asked how far along I am and that I should be running in my condition anymore lmao :P

My nurse said just do lots of toning in that area for when you lose more weight

Hope you get the answers you’re looking for and good luck

Kim
    X
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    P90X, Ab ripper X
    love it. tighten your stomach muscles and your guts won't hang out. cardio is the the only way to boost your metabolism. It takes time to loose weight. Be patient and dillegent. Small successes turn into a large success.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'd say to do a lot of cardio. My body naturally puts weight on my thighs and my waist can get tiny very easily, but my thunder thighs stay around no matter what!

In saying that, when I go for a run (especially while holding 0.5kg weights) I feel my stomach muscles tighten and I can tell my core has been worked well.

Just keep trying to loose weight everywhere, and eventually your stomach will disappear too. That's what happened with my legs!
  • vortexbabe
    Options
    The best advice I ever had was to keep my abs locked and drawn in as often as possible. Even if you do sit ups, pilates and ab work often, that won't combat letting your gut hang out all day.

I had belly issues in the past but through heavy weights, interval cardio and keeping my abs drawn in as often as possible it is now flat and toned! It looks better than it did before I had babies!

The old saying 'abs are made in the kitchen' is true too, stick to a fairly clean, high protein diet and you'll have results in no time!

Best of luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!