At home workouts with no equipment?

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for any at home workouts that you have used that use little or no equipment. So far i'm doing pilates videos off Youtube and they're working really well, but i'm looking to shake it up a little. If you can let me know of anything that you've done that gives great results and feels like a real workout, i'm all ears:)

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options

^^^^ This - she has fantastic exercises!!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    insanity.......... no equipment needed
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks
    planks
    push ups
    crunches
    sit ups
    wall sits
    lunges
    squat thrusts
    side planks
    leg lifts

dvd's: any Jillian Michaels (uses dumbells but you could use milk jugs, water bottles or cans of soup)
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    my blog has my at home exercises over the last 5 weeks, all using no equipment, apart from the last two weeks where I got a stationary bike and have included that on top of my usual stuff and also instead of walking,
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo. You can check Collagevideo.com to check out Billy's latest workouts. You can even view his new program PT 24/7 on there. You can find his workouts in stores such as Walmart, Target, etc.

After viewing his workouts and if you are interested in PT 24/7, you can get it from Walmart. Well some Walmart carries. I even saw it at Academy last night. I have ordered mine from another place and should soon be receiving it.

I'm a huge fan of Tae Bo and I can't wait to do PT 24/7.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing :) That will give you a workout.
  • JUDGEDBY1
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm looking for any at home workouts that you have used that use little or no equipment. So far i'm doing pilates videos off Youtube and they're working really well, but i'm looking to shake it up a little. If you can let me know of anything that you've done that gives great results and feels like a real workout, i'm all ears:)

P90X is awesome. It's intense, not much equip needed and is a great workout that gives you great results.
    :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    You might want to check out your local cable or satellite programming- ON DEMAND menu?-

I've found SEVERAL workouts there.
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube and type in "Tone it Up!" Those girls are great and the workouts are pretty short, but you can deff feel it!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out your local cable or satellite programming- ON DEMAND menu?-

I've found SEVERAL workouts there.

Netflix also has workout videos.
  • kimibunny
    Options
    Running/Jogging/Walking and body weight exercises =)!
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I was not much older than you, there was a 'new' tv channel that played music videos all day MTV... I could not go anywhere without a babysitter and exercise equipment for the home was unheard of (at least for ordinary people). I just danced and moved and did my own aerobics. I wasn't locked into routines. If I had a couple minutes and a song that rocked came on, I would rock out. I got into fantastic shape in a pretty short period of time.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I love turbo fire--i use wrist weights...but this is because I'm crazy;) The core, sculpt, tone workouts only use resistance bands.

Also, Jillian Michaels only uses light weights (and still will kick your butt!)
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    BUMP so I can check this out later!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome. If you want some videos or have questions let me know. I've been through it twice so far. It is tough, no lie, but it is great. I'd definitely recommend not buying it though until you talk to someone (and I'd be happy to talk to you) about where you are fitness wise because it is really hard.
  • Losewhey8
    Losewhey8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk in place video discs found in retail stores or online (sometimes cheaper online) I just got done because I didn't want to go to Planet Fitness today. (too cold outside)
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    good stuff...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone you may want to look at the You Are Your Own Gym app for strength training. It's $2. I got it after reading the book, but found that I really didn't need the book because app has all of the workouts, complete with voice prompts, and timers. The exercises can be done with common household objects.