Help, I'm sick!

Options
I've been working really hard for the last 5 months and managed lose 60lbs but now I'm ill. I've got an awful cold and nausea and just want to eat. I've not worked out for 3 days while this cold has been developing but boy has it hit me hard now. Should I up my calories for a few days to help me fight this bug off. I've just had a rice cake since I've been up since 4am and am hungry lol

Replies

• hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yes! Feed a cold! It's more important to get healthy. So eat, just eat smart :)
  • yanageorge
    Options
    Absolutely you need to eat. Vege soup, with Chicken stock as a base. Nutritious, tasty and good for you. Get well soon.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    soup and sandwiches worked for me. just accept that your body probably was releasing some toxins from your fat and you got sick. Keep your liquids up. I hope you feel better.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    soup and sandwiches worked for me. just accept that your body probably was releasing some toxins from your fat and you got sick. Keep your liquids up. I hope you feel better.

Colds are caused by viruses, not by "toxins" supposedly released from fat!

To the OP, you don't necessarily need to up your cals but make sure to drink a lot and rest. No exercise until you feel better! ;-)
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options

To the OP, you don't necessarily need to up your cals but make sure to drink a lot and rest. No exercise until you feel better! ;-)

Actually light exercise is fine with a cold, and can help alleviate symptoms. The only time you don't want to exercise is with the Flu.

But yes keep those fluids going.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

you're right. But the toxins lowered her resistance to the virus. We are attacked by germs and viruses all the time. If your resistance is high the virus will lose the battle.