ugh...my parents and dessert

Options
So, my parents have been on this dessert kick lately...why? I dont know but it is KILLING me! I have been pretty good about not eating the stuff they make. Tonight, once again they just got done making a dessert. I only have 3 weeks of class left until finals, and I had a SUPER stressful day at work today, so sometimes it is soooo hard to resist! I am doing my best to resist today...but it is so hard being around this stuff all the time...ugh...sorry, had to vent

Replies

• blum0133
    blum0133 Posts: 88
    Options
    So, my parents have been on this dessert kick lately...why? I dont know but it is KILLING me! I have been pretty good about not eating the stuff they make. Tonight, once again they just got done making a dessert. I only have 3 weeks of class left until finals, and I had a SUPER stressful day at work today, so sometimes it is soooo hard to resist! I am doing my best to resist today...but it is so hard being around this stuff all the time...ugh...sorry, had to vent
  • spoken4
    spoken4 Posts: 17
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Temptation is the worst and although I don't live at home anymore, when I go home for visits my parents have a house full of sweets of all kinds. I'm the only one in my family that is getting fit and that can be a little frustrating when I see them eat the way they do and I've been trying to eat healthy, becasue Lord knows I have sweet tooth. Good Luck!
  • blum0133
    Options
    I know! I moved home just for the year and am surprised I have not gained 20 pounds! Both of my parents are very overweight and my sister and I are healthy individuals. But being healthy doesnt mean that it is easy for me to resist temptations!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My mom's behind me eating cheese puffs. I ate two and stopped, because today I went out and bought summer clothes in a size S. And they're not fitting perfectly yet, if you know what I mean...:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is always remember you are a seperate being and I am more than sure you dont follow 100% of your parents actions..so learn to do the same with food...Its funny how we are raised to follow others at mealtime and snacktime and just join in regardless of our own personal goals or beliefs and sometimes even criticized for trying to stick with our plans...try hard to retrain your way of thinking you are a seperate person with serperate goals and ambitions and eating junk will not let you reach the stars....good luck:drinker:
  • blum0133
    Options
    I feel like my parents are all for me eating really crappy because that makes them think that it is alright for them to eat crappy too. I am a small person but it is because I work out a TON. They dont work out at all and their jobs are very sedetary. Their lifestyle is much different than mine but I still think they use me as an excuse for being able to eat junk. It is hard cuz I love desserts but I want to stay away from them! URG!

P.S. Yay for you buying new summer clothes...I really wanted to lose 3 pounds before I do that but it has been really hard.
  • blum0133
    Options
    Thank you, this is very true. I feel like if my parents make some sort of meal (or dessert) they get offended that I wont eat it because I dont find it healthy. I wish I had healthy parents!!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I feel you! I live alone but we often do family dinners with my parents or my in-laws. I usually try to do it at my house so that I can control what is consumed but that's not always the case. When I met my in-laws, we were all going to WW together so they were all about eating healthy. Now I'm the only one trying to change my lifestyle and it can be challenging. Especially when cookies are for dessert. I can never have just one! Argh!

And yes, WOOHOOO for size small clothes! I don't know if I'll ever be that size again but a girl can dream. :smile:
  • blum0133
    Options
    That is a great idea to have family dinners at your house. I never get to pick out what we eat for family dinners, although we usually only have those during the holidays. I am moving out in the fall, and I think that will help a lot so I wont have to be around bad food. I would think that my parents would want to get in shape because we are all traveling to be with my stepdad's family this Thanksgiving and they are all in good shape. I guess I dont really undersand what my parents are thinking and why they are ok living this way?
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss. =\