I just taught myself how to hula hoop!

Options
It only took me 19 years. :laugh:

It's small, and not weight related. (Though, my heart rate got up pretty high!) Still, I'm pretty darn happy about it. :bigsmile: It's always been one of the things that "I can't do." Now I can!

Now...if I can just get that darn whistling thing down... :grumble:

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options

It's small, and not weight related. (Though, my heart rate got up pretty high!) Still, I'm pretty darn happy about it. :bigsmile: It's always been one of the things that "I can't do." Now I can!

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    lol, congrats! Please... share your secret!!! I have never been able to hula hoop either!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Once I discovered its much more about the feet and legs than the hips/waist it all became much easier.

I just shift my weight back and forth from foot to foot, legs apart and one foot slightly forward, and then compensate with hips and waist.

I hope that made sense. Its hard to explain!

It's much more of a workout than I though it would be, actually. I'm breaking a sweat and everything!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    LOL

good for you

whistling is over rated anyway
    start with humming a good tune and work up to it:laugh: :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

I can't whistle either, hehe.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I have never been able to hula hoop.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So cool Livi! Ok, tomorrow I go buy a hoola hoop!!

If I can find one of those skipping thingys I am getting it too. You put it on one leg and skip over it. They were a blast:smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I used to be able to hula hoop now I think it would just get stuck on my hips:laugh:
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That sounds fun and goodworkout for :happy: the core!! Ok, juggling next!! :wink:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Congrats when I mold myself some hips I will join you hehe
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Livi! You're so cute!! :laugh:

Good for you! The hula hoop has been a nemesis of mine for years. I have some good hips too! Not sure what the deal is!! :grumble:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I could never hula hoop either, not even as a kid, yet a friend gave me a weighted one and it's surprisingly easy. Maybe the liquid inside makes it go better, not sure but I could do it for hours... but it makes me dizzy after a while.

Jeannie, they still have those skip it things, my kids had one a few years ago. Wish they still did, that would be a great workout!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, my kids have pogo sticks too, they make them for up to various weights for us bigger kids. It's a lot of work too!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! And don't worry about the whistling. My hubby is a constant whistler...it gets annoying:laugh:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Livi! You're so cute!! :laugh:

Good for you! The hula hoop has been a nemesis of mine for years. I have some good hips too! Not sure what the deal is!! :grumble:

LOL, same here. Nice hips, no hula hoopin' skills.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!