Breastfeeding twins

Options
Exclusively breastfeeding 8 month old twins. How can I lose weight w/out affecting milk production?

Replies

• jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm still breast feeding my little girl who's now one and have been dieting on here for 135 days now and lost 40lbs. all i've done is set my goals at loose 1lb a week so my cal's are still high for my weight I get 1710 cal's a day this has not affected my milk production
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can add calories to your daily total by selecting breastfeeding in the food database. There are different options depending on frequency and age. There's no "breastfeeding twins" but there's a "tandem BF (baby and toddler)" that you can use. It adds 800 cals to your daily total, which seems pretty safe.
  • ejankola
    Options
    If you type in "exclusively breastfeeding" under breakfast there is an option for twins. It will add 800 calories to your daily goal. I am EBF my three month old and I do this every day to add 500 calories to my goal.
  • crosa18
    Options
    Thank you so much for the info ladies and congratulations on your weight loss
  • Mummamac
    Options
    I just wanted to say well done to all you BF mums...especially those with twins!!!

I'm not trying to be political here or mean this as an offense to those who don't breastfeed (I'm pro choice)...but I just wanted to pop In and say my 2 cents.

I myself am breastfeeding my son who is 10 months old and my third child. I breastfed my first 2 til 12 months and want to go longer this time.

I didn't even know there was a BF option on the database....I hadnt been able to find it.

Anyway sorry to post crash I just think you gals are amazing!!!!
  • crosa18
    Options
    Thanks so much for your comment. It has not been an easy task and sometimes I have felt like giving up, but now I am ready to begin losing weight, I just find that my energy levels have been at an all time low lately and would really like to start getting back to the " old me" . :)
  • Mummamac
    Options
    I can imagine. It would be very time consuming and physically draining feeding 2 bubbas! You are doing an amazing job.

Just start getting into things slowly and be gentle with yourself. I started very slow but now I work out 3-5 times a week and my fitness and diet have improved so much.

I found the BF stuff on the database. I was looking in exercise not food...doh! Lol
    I feed on demand and only 5-15 minutes at a time...so I don't know how many calories that actually burns off...so I'm unsure. It seems like its alot being burned!!