How do you keep yourself motivated when you feel like giving

Options
I have a 'before' pic (before I started the weight loss) of when i was on holiday and a current picture as my desktop picture on my laptop so everytime I turn it on (which is daily) theres a reminder of what I dont want to be and how far ive come and it keeps me going to lose more because i never want to go back!
how about you?

Replies

• lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I start to feel lazy or a little down I watch this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

and I stop feeling sorry for myself and get my *kitten* in gear. :)

sorry about the ad :(
  • lilysmomma200909
    Options
    I look at side by side comparsions of what I looked like this time last yr and now and think about how hard I've worked to lose the weight I've lost and how it wouldnt be worth it to gain it back.
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    As a student, I think I've engrained healthy eating and exercise so far into my daily life that I couldn't give up if I tried! I walk to school (30 minutes each way) and to work (15 minutes each way), and limit my two-weeks worth of groceries to whatever I can haul home walking. I got a part-time job at a gym and leave my shoes and workout clothes in my locker so there's no excuse, and the locker room is so nice here I'd do anything for a reason to shower haha. So, so far I'm good, I'll have to come up with some sort of motivation when I go home for the holidays.. I'm sure compliments from family will help. :D
  • lilysmomma200909
    Options
    good video!

sorry about the ad :(
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have a 'before' pic (before I started the weight loss) of when i was on holiday and a current picture as my desktop picture on my laptop so everytime I turn it on (which is daily) theres a reminder of what I dont want to be and how far ive come and it keeps me going to lose more because i never want to go back!
    how about you?

great idea. i should use that!

i typically go to the bathroom and lift up my shirt. the reflection keeps me straight after that.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Wow! That video is really, really great. I teared up a little bit! "If you want to do it, all you have to do is do it." Truer words have never been spoken (:
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Just amazing...wow
  • KelleFlr
    KelleFlr Posts: 142
    Options
    Good post and comments, I needed to hear it, haven't felt like I am doing well the last couple of days and wonder if it's worth it.
    Been at it about 6 weeks and only 16 lbs down, nothing new this last week, which I haven't had a stall yet, and didn't expect it this early so it has be rattled.
    I want to give up and just 'be fat', I wonder if it can be done,... then I see posts and that youtube video (amazing). Thank you.... with God's help and grace I will keep going. I can't quit or I will never know. thank you
    K
  • kimibunny
    Options
    This is probably really lame, but I like to look at online clothing stores and imagine how much nicer I'd look in their clothes if I were thinner.
  • fitmeowx
    Options
    Not lame at all! I do it too, works well :)

Even just picturing your ideal body, i find when i'm walking doing this makes me walk that little bit faster!
  • roxleefall
    Options
    how about you?

I have done the same, but I only have a before pic! Im planning on taking a pic a month to show the progress.
    I have been doing something called positive affirmations (from a self help book called The power is within you, by Louise Hay) , every morning (for the past 3 weeks) I tell myself that Im doing a great job and it is paying off, Its ok I went over, because today is a new day and I will try harder. Instead of........... Its not working, I just cant stick to it i might as well give up! (how i was thinking) I have found that using the forum, making friends with the same goals and doing positive affirmations is keeping me on track and positive.
  • roxleefall
    Options
    Good post and comments, I needed to hear it, haven't felt like I am doing well the last couple of days and wonder if it's worth it.
    Been at it about 6 weeks and only 16 lbs down, nothing new this last week, which I haven't had a stall yet, and didn't expect it this early so it has be rattled.
    I want to give up and just 'be fat', I wonder if it can be done,... then I see posts and that youtube video (amazing). Thank you.... with God's help and grace I will keep going. I can't quit or I will never know. thank you
    K

I know just how you feel :sad:
    I have been doing it for 7 weeks (next week is week 8) and have lost 3lb I was aiming for 1lb a week. Week 3 lost 1lb, week 4 lost 1lb, week 5 i went right back to where I started :noway: I had lost 2 inches off my waist and 1inch off my hips, then week 6 dropped 3lb and another 0.5 inch off my hips. I feel like I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions, Im doing ok:indifferent: wait no i'm not :cry: yay 3lbs :happy: it should be interesting to see what my weigh in is today.

17lb:noway: thats amazing keep at it you are doing great :flowerforyou:
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the only area I am not completely satisfied with. So when I have no motivation I just lift my shirt & look at it, it makes me want to work harder!