New to MyFitnessPal

Options
I am 41 years old. I can't seem to lose weight so I joined the site to keep track of my calorie intake. I would like to get down to about 160 lbs. I am currently at 176.2. I recently joined a gym so I have access to weight machines and cardio equipment as well, so winter won't be a factor in burning calories away. I have been running the past 6 years, but my weight continues to climb and my gut continues to grow. IT STOPS NOW.

Replies

• Clare_F
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I am sure you will find this site really useful. Just being able to log everything and see the values is so helpful. I've been using this site a few weeks and have seen good results so far. There is lots of support and motivation on here, feel free to add me as a friend if you want :) Good luck on your journey !
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - this is a great tool, with great support and motivation.
    I'm a runner as well, that can't seem to shed the last 10 lbs.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising (running), burning calories and still gaining then it must mean you are taking in too many calories. The food journal on this site is amazing but you'll be shocked to learn how many calories you're eating each day. We've all been there.

Like Jillian Michaels says (and I try to remember each day) you can eat yourself out of any exercise routine.

Welcome aboard!
  • YogaPrincess1
    Options
    That's my problem. I eat way too many calories. I was doing really well counting my Weight Watchers points, but I've gotten lazy the past few months. I know quite a few people who are using this, so I'm giving it a try. I like that though, "You can eat yourself out of any exercise routine."
  • Cheermoma
    Cheermoma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!
    I'm from California.
    Excited to be part of this site!
  • sarah_restrepo
    sarah_restrepo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sarah and 25. I'm married to my best friend Oscar, and I'm a mommy to an amazing little girl Olivia. In the past couple of years, my weight has climbed higher than ever before. I also gained a ton when I had my daughter (she's 18 months) and still haven't lost the baby weight. My husband and I are getting to the point where we want to have another baby, so I'm trying to get to a healthier weight so I can be a healthy mamma. my goal is to lose 60-65 pounds by next fall (2012).