Zig zagging calories

Options
So lately I've been unintentionally zig zagging my calories, for instance, if I go over one day I'll take that away from the day after or I'll add those calories onto a day that I had a few leftover calories, because i absolutely hate seeing that red number haha.I was just wondering if this worked for anybody, I haven't gained any weight so it can't be that bad!

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    Yeah I do this too but not as a weight loss tactic or anything, just to curb the guilt a bit from previous days or the opposite :laugh:

Still losing 2-3lbs a week, hopefully it'll stay that way
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i do this when i have a snack in the middle of the night...i just log it for the next day. so inadvertently the next day has less calories that the current day. so, it's a semi-zig zag i suppose!
  • lovelee79
    Options
    bump
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Zig zagging has been shown to be a very effective way to break a weight loss plateau. Your body adjusts to what you've been doing and when you do something different - it gets confused. There's nothing wrong with zig zagging - many people will actually swear by it. :)
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    I zigzag (call it calorie cycling) on purpose ;) Keeps the metabolism high! :)