Lovin another NSV!

Options
LynneGG
LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
I've never been able to appreciate the importance of NSV until I joined this site. Instead of focusing on the scale I've learned to look at other ways my body and health are changing. Many have happened over the past 6 weeks since I started going to the gym. In the past I would only do cardio and now I do cardio and strengthening.

Any hoo....yesterday when I was drying off after my shower I saw something on my left upper arm. I had to reach out and touch it so then I turned and looked at my right arm...same thing there. OMG...I am getting definition to my arms!! I was grinning ear to ear...I have never ever done anything like this before and am so proud of myself.

I will be honest with you...since I started working out the scale has not budged and I'm ok with that. There has been so many NSV's during that time and I am not disappointed. That alone was the biggest obstacle for me....learning to actually look at my body in the mirror. Instead of looking at what is still there to lose I see how my body is changing....being intuned with what is happening.

Good luck my MFP friends!

Replies

• ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    this is fantastic congrats to you
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    great job! same here haven't lost a pound since starting strength but the inches are going and definition is coming....and which is better, frankly?

congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!