You have to be kidding.

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Wonder what they thought of mine. It was originally a picture of a hippopotamus.:smokin:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    rediculous! some people have no sense of haha.
    Are you kidding me?

Some people need to relax. Take a deep breath and enjoy life.

Don't let them bother you.

My profile pic is my car with a red nose and reindeer antlers on it... should I not be taken seriously because I dress my car up as Rudolph for the holidays? *shakes head*

I totally just bought this set for my little red car! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    i was going to tell you i like your pic, actually! ive had to report people over my pic. Apparently im too aggresive? Nevermind that it's my dog Harley Quinn following the command "chompy face!" i think people are getting WAY too serious.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Wow....that's just ridiculous!

Keep your profile pic up - its fun. That's part of your personality and character.

I once had somebody say that I was an attention seeking *kitten* (seriously) for playing a silly prank on here as well as change my profile pic to my chest which was actually covered up by a bright red sleeveless top! Like so what if I was having fun and making people look at threads to find nothing...it made a few people smile that night. It's all fun in a community of people taking their health seriously. Everyone needs to let their hair down sometimes and have a laugh.

Anyways - good for you and just ignore them. Party poopers!
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    ok, i vote that we all change our proofile picture to that face, right now.
    ahaha I love it.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    I'm totally bewildered why you gave this a second thought, yet alone thought it worth posting a thread about.

If a total stranger, passing you in the street, told you that you needed to change your facial expression you'd just say "Wow what a nutter" and move on.

Why give stuff online any more consideration than that?

Delete, block, get on with your life.
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Chompy face! I love it!! :laugh:
    i was going to tell you i like your pic, actually! ive had to report people over my pic. Apparently im too aggresive? Nevermind that it's my dog Harley Quinn following the command "chompy face!" i think people are getting WAY too serious.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    I think you should go a step further. This person has real issues if they don't even know you and they repeatedly keep trying to get you to change your avatar.

Spill it. Who is it? They have no right to privacy, this is the internet and they're harrassing you without any prior contact from you.

You'd be doing us all a favor. I'm sure none of us want to be friends with someone like that either.

SO...dish!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I think you should go a step further. This person has real issues if they don't even know you and they repeatedly keep trying to get you to change your avatar.

Spill it. Who is it? They have no right to privacy, this is the internet and they're harrassing you without any prior contact from you.

You'd be doing us all a favor. I'm sure none of us want to be friends with someone like that either.

SO...dish!
    That is most definitely against the rules.
  • ...look at my picture!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Dude, somebody is a Debbie Downer!!!!!!

I say block, report and ignore. I ADORE your profile picture!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Dude, somebody is a Debbie Downer!!!!!!

I say block, report and ignore. I ADORE your profile picture!
    LOVE the SNL quote. :laugh:
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    I love your profile picture!!!!
  • That person has way too much time on their hands.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    That's crazy!! Love your pic :)
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    @lucylue: how could anyone NOT love Heidi ^^?
    @kiminita: love your pic ^^ what are you bothered about some random person on here anyway, gal?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    You should take another picture of you holding a sign, sticking your tongue out and the sign saying something to the person who emailed you?

Like "<screen name> is this serious enough?" I just gave an example, but I'm sure you could think of a much clever statement.

I think it's great to be yourself!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    You should take another picture of you holding a sign, sticking your tongue out and the sign saying something to the person who emailed you?
    The moment you do something like that, or spend more than a nanosecond deleting their email, or start a thread like this, you have given that person power over you.

Delete, ignore, forget.

They're nobody and they don't deserve the time or effort to think about how to deal with them.

If happens on a system (unlike this one) where they can see you've deleted their emails without even bothering to read them, that's even better :bigsmile:
  • This is just an annoyed rant, for those of you that care to read through it.
    I received a message from someone here on MFP with whom I have had no prior contact. And they told me to think about changing my profile picture. I wish I could appreciate such an effort, but I really do not. I was informed by this person that people cannot take me seriously, and that I should consider not doing this to myself. I am completely baffled!
    I told this person that the picture is meant to remind people not to take things to seriously. How ironic, huh? Honestly this website is awesome, and I have been fortunate enough to encounter some pretty nice people that do not judge me over this. That being said, I really do not care if people can't take me seriously on a forum. You will most likely NEVER ever meet me. I am a very career and goal oriented young woman. I am educated, and I am dedicated to my family, education and health. My presence on this website says at least that much. Messages telling me that I am a "child" and that I am doing something terrible to myself are what I believe to be attempts to bully and harass. Although some may see this as a form of advice, or that they are trying to inform me of how to better improve my image online, it really is not. It just isn't. It's extremely condescending. If this person sends me a third message, I will consider it harassment.

Wow. That is bizarre. What would make someone think that passing judgment on someone else at random/unsolicited is okay? Hopefully they'll leave you alone. (and anyone else they stumble across that they don't approve of.)
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    That person has their panties in a twist

:laugh:

Block!