Eastern Indian or Greek Style LAMB Burgers Protein Style...

Options
starteam144
starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
Are you looking for a new spin on a burger? :love:

I never have been a burger person but lamb and turkey burgers this way... drive me wild. Here is a very different spin of a burger and you can prepare the meat with Eastern Indian or Greek Flavors ...

Step One Make the Burgers:

Eastern Indian:
I use "Shan" Seekh Kabab BBQ MIx (powdered seasoning mix) from the Indian Grocery Store. I just sprinkle some of the powder to taste and follow the direction on the box except for where it calls for butter I used "I Can't Believe its Not Butter Spray instead.

Cooking Options:
Then I pan fry the burger in extra virgin olive oil... you can use Pam but I need the extra oil in my diet since I get very little fat in my food...you can also use a Joe Forman Grill but for the absolute best taste barbecue them but put them on tin foil or they will break up...

GREEK:
Coarse Kosher Sea Salt, Fresh ground black pepper, coarse chopped garlic, green onion chopped thin, mix into the meat and cook as directed above. Then top with a mixture of a few crumbles of garlic herb or plain feta cheese, cucumber slices, and mix fresh dill into plain non fat yogurt...with a little salt and pepper and put that in the lettuce wraps with veggies....

Topping:
Once the meat is cooked you simple take some lettuce leaves and top them like a burger... I use sugar free ketchup, djon mustard, pickles, 1-2 slices of avacado (again I need the oil) pico de gallo, 1-2 black olives (oil) and its so yummy.

IF Your NOT a Lamb Person: You can do the same wrap with any meat...

Counting the Calories:
I monitor the calories by weighing the meat to no more than 4 oz cooked... and the salad fixings (lettuce, etc. should not weigh more than 4 oz - 6 oz max). Just put it on a food scale and you wont have to worry.

Enjoy
Julie :blushing:

Replies

• starteam144
    starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a new spin on a burger? :love:

I never have been a burger person but lamb and turkey burgers this way... drive me wild. Here is a very different spin of a burger and you can prepare the meat with Eastern Indian or Greek Flavors ...

Step One Make the Burgers:

Eastern Indian:
    I use "Shan" Seekh Kabab BBQ MIx (powdered seasoning mix) from the Indian Grocery Store. I just sprinkle some of the powder to taste and follow the direction on the box except for where it calls for butter I used "I Can't Believe its Not Butter Spray instead.

Cooking Options:
    Then I pan fry the burger in extra virgin olive oil... you can use Pam but I need the extra oil in my diet since I get very little fat in my food...you can also use a Joe Forman Grill but for the absolute best taste barbecue them but put them on tin foil or they will break up...

GREEK:
    Coarse Kosher Sea Salt, Fresh ground black pepper, coarse chopped garlic, green onion chopped thin, mix into the meat and cook as directed above. Then top with a mixture of a few crumbles of garlic herb or plain feta cheese, cucumber slices, and mix fresh dill into plain non fat yogurt...with a little salt and pepper and put that in the lettuce wraps with veggies....

Topping:
    Once the meat is cooked you simple take some lettuce leaves and top them like a burger... I use sugar free ketchup, djon mustard, pickles, 1-2 slices of avacado (again I need the oil) pico de gallo, 1-2 black olives (oil) and its so yummy.

IF Your NOT a Lamb Person: You can do the same wrap with any meat...

Counting the Calories:
    I monitor the calories by weighing the meat to no more than 4 oz cooked... and the salad fixings (lettuce, etc. should not weigh more than 4 oz - 6 oz max). Just put it on a food scale and you wont have to worry.

Enjoy
    Julie :blushing: