No looking back - 65 pounds down with Photos

Options
JamsAlex
JamsAlex Posts: 21 Member
I have spent so much time looking at the photos of the success stories over the last 5 months. They have really kept me on track. I have tried so many times to get the weight off but failed. I managed somehow to put on 150 pounds over about a 5 year timeframe. Yes, I did find out I had a thryoid issue but still could not get the weight off. I was heartbroken everytime I went to the doctor and would get the lecture about how I needed to lose weight. They kept pointing me in the direction of having weight loss surgery.

I do not fault anyone for going in this direction. I know how hopeless you can feel but I had a friend that lost his wife to the surgery about 7 years ago and it has always scared the bejeebees out of me. I finally reached a point I thought that was the only way. I began looking into the insurance and doctors. The first thing that was needed was for me to watch a video. That was the point where the switch went on. After watching the video, I found that the surgery was not a magic answer for me and the issues I had with eating too much food and the wrong foods would not change. So I began this on my own.

I made a bunch of small changes that have added up to so much more. I eat breakfast every day, drink lots of water, eat snacks, eat lots of fruits and vegetables take the stairs when going up a floor or two, park away from the elevators and exercise in moderation. I still have the delmonico steak every now and then and treat myself with dessert (just a lot less often). I tend to make my rewards things like a day at the spa. I love those hour massages and pedicures.

My exercise includes 2 days of week of water aerobics. A girl in my class told me about MFP. This has been the silver bullet for me. I could never lost the weight I have with this site. I truely feel she was my angel and saved my life.

I still have a long wayt to go but I feel so much better both physically and emotionally. I am looking forward to seeing the changes over the next 40 pounds because so many of you have had such dramatic physical changes when you were in that range and I know Jullian Michaels is soon going to become a good friend of mine.

I am around 5'9" and started at 306.6. I am now at 241.6. I hope that my progress will help someone out there like so many of you have done for me.

2009_12.jpg?t=1322411900

261_6Facialwithcaption.jpg

65Poundsdown.jpg?t=1322412071

Replies

• runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    great job!!! I can't see your pics though.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    th_2009_12.jpg

261_6Facialwithcaption.jpg

65Poundsdown.jpg
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story; you seem really brave and that makes you an inspiration. :flowerforyou:

Can't see the pictures either :(
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely paying off! You look amazing. I love the difference you can see in your face pictures. You have a great smile :)
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    GREAT PROGRESS!! and great to hear how different you are mentally. you look beautiful!
  • jean1058
    jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Keep going! I can't wait to do the same thing! Thank you for sharing your photos!

Edited to add:

P.S. - I love those horses!
  • JamsAlex
    Options
    Thanks for helping with the pictures!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    You've done great!!! Looking good!
  • hart310
    Options
    Great success story, keep up the great work and determination!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • CanterberryMom
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance. What is MFP?:ohwell:
  • JamsAlex
    Options
    My Fitness Pal. It takes a while to get use to all the acrynoms. You will see NSV a lot too. That is Non Scale Victory.
  • peggyj49
    peggyj49 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look great ! You can really see it in your face. Congratulations !! I see you are an animal lover, I love giant dogs, The really big ones. I have a Saint Bernard and a dark chocolate lab..Keep up the good work.
  • JamsAlex
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I can see your progress!!!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    65lbs is an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!