Ideas for fun family exercise?

Options
Did 30 Day shred yesterday and then went roller blading with the kids to increase my daily calorie burn. Anyone have other ideas for fun family exercise? My kids are 8, 11, 14.

We are in California, so there is no snow where we live. Temp is about 64 today.

Replies

• sweets2001
    Options
    We like to go bowling as a family.
  • tigersmama35
    Options
    Oh wow with those great temps the options are endless! I dream of having weather like that more then 3 months of the year lol. We struggle here to stay active in the winter especially since my youngest and I detest being cold. Bike riding, hiking, playing basically any darn sport... we do those things all summer and have a blast!
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    Honestly...get connect for xbox 360...you will be jumping and dancing and getting up and down like no ones business...burning calories left right and centre...and it is sooooo much fun and hilarious to watch :)
  • Clare_F
    Options
    I go to karate with my two kids (9 and 13) ! its good to be able to go and do something together :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Indoor pool, Park?
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Honestly...get connect for xbox 360...you will be jumping and dancing and getting up and down like no ones business...burning calories left right and centre...and it is sooooo much fun and hilarious to watch :)

Although I understand what you're saying... I would NOT count this as family exercise. Use Xbox connect as a family activity, that just happens to burn cals as well =)

Find outdoor or exercise specific things to do as exercise.
    Biking, Hiking, Swimming, Throwing a football/baseball, playing basketball, playing silly games like tag, etc!
    Turn pushups/situps/pullups into a competition and see who can do the most.
    Etc!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    we like bike rides along our lake shore, hikes through our forests, walks through town. Winter is just about here so those will have to wait for spring. We go swimming at the public pool, build snow men and snow forts and shovel snow as a family.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I love playing badminton with my dad, it is amazingly fun! And it gives us the opportunity to let loose all of the frustration and anger we build up through the weeks - especially for me, since I always win :laugh:
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I was going to say go roller skating.lol I love roller skating.
    Go to a park. swimming
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    we like bike rides .

Yep. that was going to me my suggestion