Saying "hello" to recovery...

Options
Wake-up call for me.

I used to weigh 220 lbs. before I came into the Army. I guess you could say when I started losing weight, I got addicted. I'm in Iraq right now, and just got released from our clinic for a bunch of different bodily function shut-downs.

Today marks day 1 of my recovery from Anorexia. I went from 220 lbs. to 102 lbs. I'm 5'5". I'm really going to be trying hard to introduce just fruits and veggies into my diet for now.

I really need some HEALTHY influences in my life.

Thanks,
Laura:heart:

Replies

• lilmonita
    lilmonita Posts: 31
    Options
    Wake-up call for me.

I used to weigh 220 lbs. before I came into the Army. I guess you could say when I started losing weight, I got addicted. I'm in Iraq right now, and just got released from our clinic for a bunch of different bodily function shut-downs.

Today marks day 1 of my recovery from Anorexia. I went from 220 lbs. to 102 lbs. I'm 5'5". I'm really going to be trying hard to introduce just fruits and veggies into my diet for now.

I really need some HEALTHY influences in my life.

Thanks,
    Laura:heart:
  • Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    Well done you. I'm fairly new to the site myself and I need to lose weight but I had a friend with eating disorders and she always said that most important thing is to talk to people about it - she used to let her friends know if she thought she was going to fall into the old habits and it used to help her be strong.
    Entering your foods in the food diary is bound to help you as it makes you a lot more realistic about your intake and makes you aware of any nutritional defecit in your diet.

Good luck with it all,
    Lowenna :happy:
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    HI!!! Congratulations on getting onto that road to recovery.

This is a great website full of great people who will cheer you on no matter what your weight goals are. This is about starting a new HEALTHY way of life.

Please ask questions and read the newbie posts - they are full of great nutritional information.

Go slow and build your confidence - AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!:drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have some big hurdles to overcome but there is a ton of support on this site.

Good luck on your path to healthy eating. We all have goals and although they differ from each other, the end result is being healthy. Your body has given you some warnings. In my case it was sore joints and aches and pains. We can both heed those warnings and work towards making our bodies happier and healthier
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service to our country. :flowerforyou: Best luck to you on your journey of recovery & welcome to the boards!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your road of recovery. Welcome to MFP. Thanks for serving our country. :flowerforyou:
  • lilmonita
    lilmonita Posts: 31
    Options
    I just wanted to thank you guys and gals for all your support.

As for the "thank you for serving our country" comments--I LOVE what I do and would never trade it. We've got a great country. I still believe this. I really do appreciate the respect.

I feel so much support and encouragement already.

Thanks again,
    L