Exercise TV?

Options
I just went to the Exercisetv.com website and got a message saying that effective 12/31/11 they won't be allowing access anymore. Does anyone else get this message? I will be sooooo bummed if this is the case :( Are there any other websites out there with free full length workouts? Leslie Sansone is my favorite.

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Netflix has some available instantly, You can also try youtube
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    my exercisetv already took 30DS off. I got pissed.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I got the following email from them a few days ago:

Dear ExerciseTV Fans,

We regret to inform you that as of 12/15/11 the ExerciseTV On Demand channel and accompanying website will no longer be operating. However, select ExerciseTV workouts will continue to be available on iTunes and through Amazon.

All of us at ExerciseTV would like to thank you for your loyalty and support. Our mission was to touch the lives of millions of people and to make a difference by offering a variety of fitness workouts tailored to your personal lifestyle. Based on the outpouring of stories that we've received from you, we know that we succeeded.

Thank you again for your support. We hope that all of you will continue your fitness journey with great success.

Thank you.
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!! I Hope not!!!
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Mine says it too :(
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    That's really disappointing, it's always been a great way to mix up workout routines.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    They probably got a couple of sharply worded letters from the various fitness-DVD companies' attorneys.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I got the same email from them. That's too bad, because even though I did not really use their On Demand workouts, I purchased a lot of dvds from them, and they were shipping from a warehouse that was within 10 miles of my home, so I got a super fast shipping. Just recently they had this fabulous sale where most of the dvds were $4-5. I bought a lot, although I did wonder why they are selling these great fitness dvds at fire prices, and it did cross my mind that they may be going out of business. Which, it appears they are.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I also got the email. I am so disappointed. I just bought 3 new workouts off of Exercisetv website so I am glad I got them.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I bought some workouts today. They have some on there for $1.00.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I went in and tried to buy the ones I use most often and it wouldn't let me add them to a cart to pay for them :( I emailed the company...we'll see what they say.
  • AZackery
    Options
    I went in and tried to buy the ones I use most often and it wouldn't let me add them to a cart to pay for them :( I emailed the company...we'll see what they say.

When you tried to pay for the workouts, what did it tell you?
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I didn't get an email, I am on Comcast in Chicago. Anyone else around here?
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I didn't get an email, I am on Comcast in Chicago. Anyone else around here?

I am, and I also have Comcast. I didn't get notification from Comcast - that I recall, but rather I received an email from Exercise TV, because I've ordered from them before and was on their email list.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I use their On Demand workouts when my kids are napping!
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    ugh that is terrible news. I use their workouts when the weather is bad/don't feel like running. It was what got me started on working out. I wonder if comcast will at least offer a non on-demand channel for workouts. Guess I've got to start buying real videos...
  • AZackery
    Options
    ugh that is terrible news. I use their workouts when the weather is bad/don't feel like running. It was what got me started on working out. I wonder if comcast will at least offer a non on-demand channel for workouts. Guess I've got to start buying real videos...

You can check with your library to see if they have any workout dvds. They should. You can check them out and if you like them, check the stores to see if they have those workouts.
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't true!! I just discovered exercise TV a couple of months ago and I use it almost every single day!! :-(
  • AZackery
    Options
    I hope this isn't true!! I just discovered exercise TV a couple of months ago and I use it almost every single day!! :-(

It is true, if you go to their site http://www.exercisetv.tv/, you will see their message.