V-8 V Fusion

Options
So, are the V-8 V Fusion drinks as healthy as they sound? Cuz I just tried the Strawberry Banana Light and it is really yummy!

Replies

• mpesr4765
    Options
    It carries the V-8 logo and people assume it is good for you, but any processed food like fruit drinks like that carry alot of refined sugars. Next time, if you have a blender, throw some frozen strawberries, bananas and some non-fat vanilla yogurt in with three medium size ice cubes and it will make a delicious ALL NATURAL fruit smoothie.
  • samdgood
    samdgood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i agree that it tastes great but that might be all the sugar they put in those V8 fusions! read the labels... well, the ingredients anyhow. the things on the label that catch your eye are marketing tools to make you think you are buying healthy stuff when in reality it may not be. fat free usually means lots of sugar and calories. sugar free may mean lots of fat. one of my fav sites to read about foods is eat this not that... http://eatthis.menshealth.com/articles_and_tips
  • smilingrn
    smilingrn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I personally like them myself. Somedays im not as good as I should be about getting fruits and veggies in. I usually have some at breakfast.
  • klynnwalker4
    Options
    Maybe as a treat but not to drink all the time. I like to just flavored water if I'm bored with plain water.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I buy it when it's on sale. I normally do my own thing with the yogurt, ice and my own selection of fruits and veggies for my smoothies. I have it for breakfast but have been known to fix one for dinner on occasion.:wink:
  • MitchFletcher
    Options
    Yes it is,

of course no packaged food stuff can replace natural or organically grown fruits and veggies, in a pinch V8 V-Fusion is a great supplement. Yes you can drink it daily and it is not excessive in sugar content. You know that the body burns sugar for energy and there is no way to totally avoid it. If you do, you will be one lethargic mess all day so, morning is good as a replacement for one of those aspartame filled cups of joe, or that jelly or jam on that toast or bagel. People trip too hard on sugar sometimes. I love V8 V-Fusion, and I have lost 72 pounds over the last 9 months.

V8 V-Fusion is naturally low in sodium.

V8 V-Fusion contains NO added sugar and NO high fructose corn syrup, **See Nutrition Information** for calories and sugar content.
    There are no trans-fats in V8 V-Fusion because it is made from vegetable and fruit juices.