Whats more worth while to purchase? A pedometer or a HRM?

Options
Whats more worth while to purchase? A pedometer or a HRM?

Replies

• Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    HRM, you can use it for every kind of exercise :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    HRM! HRM!

I'd be lost without mine now... no matter what I do it tells me how hard I've worked, rather than my mind telling me what it thinks I've done. The two are very different... let me tell you!!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    A pedometer is useless IMO. If you get a good HRM like FT4/FT7 you'll get a way accurate calorie burn while you can just use Google pedometer to meapure the distances of your routes.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Definitely HRM
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Seeing how many calories I've burned on my HRM keeps me motivated. I agree with the above post that says a pedometer is useless.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    HRM! What would you want a pedometer for? O.o

The cals burned that MFP gives you are over exaggerated most of the time. You can feel a lot more confident about eating exercise with a HRM. I reccomend Polar FT4 or higher model.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    To throw a third option into the mix - have you considered a Body Media Fit or similar? It measures calories burnt as well as steps walked. It also measures sleep which is really important for me as I am not a good sleeper.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    HRM - try using a pedometer chopping wood or cycling..
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Love my bodybugg. It's a bit more expensive, but it gives food for the whole time and very accurate calorie count. It teaches you how many calories you burn in every physical situation. All you have to do is keep track and write it down and you will know how many calories you burn doing laundry, running or whatever.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    HRM.
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HRM! I have the Polar FT7 and it is the best purchase ever!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia FIT too and I love it.

But a HRM is cheaper and works better for things like swimming and biking.

I've used pedometers before too but I found them frustrating and basically useless.
  • mowerman44
    mowerman44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    would not be without my hrm, it's a polar F4, as I found the calories I burn are acurate, (I find on mfp exercise calories tend to show you burn alot more than you really do) and it's a great motivator too