My horrible, awful, very bad day...lol

Options
I did really well over Thanksgiving! Sensible portions, healthy choices and tons of compliments on my noticable weight loss from family and friends. Then yesterday I hit a wall. 1/2 a monte crisco at Bennigans (600 some calories) with a side salad (100 some calories), a slice of cheesecake later at home (390 calories) and then the bf out of pure kindness made me a godiva peppermint hot chocolate with skim milk and peppermint marshmallows (I'm SO not even figuring out the cal count of this one).

I have today free from obligation. I will be on the treadmill. But I still feel lousy. I had been at 150 even and today I'm at 151.8.

So share a bad day you've recently had, and how did you bounce back?

Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thats probably sodium. I dont even want to know what I weigh right now. lol. Prolly gained a gazillion lbs over the weekend... But ooohhhh it was SO good and only once a year. :)
  • sarahs440
    Options
    most of that weight gain is probably sodium, so drink lots of water! When I have bad days like that, I just get my head back on straight and work hard! I hate seeing that scale move up even the tiniest bit, so just that gets me motivated again:)
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Just forget about it. It didn't happen. Move on.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my birthday. I went for it like a champ no gain on the scale but i feel tired and gross. four miles first thing in the morning and todays gonna be a detox day

much needed im sure

back on track!!
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You forgot "..no good.."

And no worries, bounce back
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had bad days on friday and saturday. More than being over calories I ate food I normally wouldn't and didnt even enjoy it. Yesterday I know it was due to the alcohol I consumed while watching a football game but on friday there was no excuse. In order to get back on track today I am drinking tons of water, got a good workout in, sleeping a lot tonight, and weighing/measuring all my food. Im also trying to be productive so i can feel somewhat good about the weekend and not focus on the food slip ups.

Hope you bounce back soon. Dont be too hard on yourself just use it as motivation.

best
  • sharrrina
    sharrrina Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Thats been me the past few days..horrible, horrible but yummy carbs! We just have to get back up again...we will!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been stuck at 155 to 158 for at least about 6 months now, if that helps you put things into perspective. I day is a day, and you are working on a lifestyle. I deliberately indulged for Thanksgiving, since Christmas food doesn't get to me and out T-day is a really big deal. I figure it may take me two weeks to get back to where I was, but I'm seriously cook with that. I'm in the for quality of life, which must include a few days here and there of total food bliss. Most days won't. Most days I'm working out and eating right, and doing what needs to be done. If you punish yourself for every time you go over, you will be miserable and it won't help your weight loss at all. If you allow yourself to fully enjoy those times when you go over and learn from it as well, you will be less tempted into out-of-control excess in the future.
  • jazzmannca
    Options
    I've been on the Kaiser Optifast program for a month now and I've cheated a few times. Nothing horrible.. a few hundred calories at most but I'm in the liquid phase which means I'm not supposed to eat anything, only do the optifast meals. I made it through Thanksgiving without cheating as well as Black Friday. Then yesterday afternoon I was literally about to order pizza online.. had it all ready to click the submit order button when a friend texted me asking to go on a ride with him(he has a harley, I have a yamaha sport touring bike). Thank God he texted me when he did. I ended up riding 4 1/2 hours and over 200 miles. I brought my optifast meals with me and didn't cheat. I can only imagine what the scale would have shown this morning had I done the pizza.

Just remember, no matter what you do.. never, ever, give up! EVER! Just move on!

Robert
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    since starting this journey i've kept away from pizza then twice last week we ended up having my fave pizza. I had day a few weeks ago where I went out on a shopping trip and went to an all you can eat brazilian restaurant for lunch, i had chips (french fries to you, but they were nice big fat english ones!), black pudding (if you've never heard of this you don't even want to know what's in it!), french stick, rice and every type of meat they had on offer...after that i went to buy my little girl some sweets, saw they had jelly bellies and had to get some and boy were they good!! we finished off the trip with a visit to starbucks where I indulged in a hot chocolate with cream.

next day i just thought, right you had a blow out reign it in or else it'll go from 1 day to a weekend to a full week, and for the first time in years i did just that, and i think mfp has a lot to do with it.

i'm so glad i signed up to this thing and i'm thankful for the wonderful friends i've made on here who help me through it all

good luck with your journey ;0) xx
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Remember, the weight of the food won't convert to fat immediately, but occasionally it is good to splurge. It confuses the body! It is probably just water weight and will disappear just as quickly as it appeared. Once in awhile, reward yourself with being a little bad. I bet you will notice the difference in the end. However, remember how good it feels to eat healthy and chances are you will strive to eat that way more than you will splurge. Good luck getting back on track.
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sodium comments. It would take a lot more than some hot chocolate, cheesecakes, and a dinner out to add a legit 1.5lbs to you. The weight you are seeing is temporary and easily fixed.

And remember, stress hinders weightloss, so relax!!
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I've had a "bad day" since Thursday!! I don't know what my problem was but I just kinda lost my mind for 3 days! I woke up today feeling absolutely horrible! I need to have no more bad days for a while!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    to have gained almost 2 lbs you would have to eat almost 7000 calories over your maintenance. So about 8500 calories total. So most likely sodium. You'll even out over the week. Don't worry about it.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I had pecan pie for breakfast on Friday and that was the best part of my day! That's all I'll say about it.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had pecan pie for breakfast on Friday and that was the best part of my day! That's all I'll say about it.

Let's see...

Nuts? Check.
    Eggs? Check
    Dairy? Check
    Grain? Check.

It's health food!

I've been known to indulge in the occasional leftover slice of pie for breakfast too. :)
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Totally jealous!!! :-) I love love love pecan pie :-)

But I agree with the other people who responded. It was just 1 day where you indulged. At least you're not consistently (meaning every single day) eating to excess.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really worry about it.

Days like that happen. I've had an awful end of the week (but stayed near or under my calories), but I was over the top with my exercise and healthiness at the beginning of the week. All in all one day doesn't really matter.

One day of gained weight in the long run shouldn't matter as long as on the whole you are losing (or getting in shape).
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I'm reading a lot of "bad-me" and "guilt" here. Then I read a lot of common sense - 3,500 cals to add a pound. Drink more water. Thanksgiving, Christmas and your birthday come ONE day out of 365. Those are 3 days to eat, drink and be merry - and 362 to eat sensibly.
    Lets not add to our misery over what we ate by complaining and feeling guilt (I think guilt actually adds 2 pounds - but it's not been proven yet....but I digress.....) We all had a great time with friends and family, right? So don't ruin our fun times by slapping ourselves over what we ate. We ate it, it'll eventually come out - and off. Monday is but a few hours away. We'll just get
    back on the healthy train Monday morning.
    Put a smile on, remember the FUN we had, the food we ate, and the drinks we shared.
    Just be glad our birthday's don't fall between Thanksgiving and Christmas! lol
    Cheers!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

This made me laugh :laugh: