What do YOU do...

Options
What do YOU do that most aren't willing to?

375842_10150483366913854_28177358853_10735955_2053731331_n.jpg

Replies

• stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4 am to walk on my treadmill before teaching high school during the day and a college class on monday and wednesday nights. It's the only time I know I can get my workout in.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    go to the gym.. workout for 1.5 hours.. get changed.. walk to the parking lot... turn around go workout for another hour...
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I know it doesn't count for fat loss, but...

... learning Latin and Japanese for fun. :wink:
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Get up an at 6:30am EVERYDAY and workout for an hour; 30 minutes Jillian Michaels and 30 minutes Ellilptical. I eat healthy most of the time even when my family is having an oh so wonderful calorie rich meal. I drink about 1 liter and half everyday and take my water with me everywhere I go so that when I get hungry I try drinking water first to see if food is really what I want or I am thirsty.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Hill repeats by headlamp, in the dark, on Saturday night, on a mountain trail most wouldn't run in the daylight.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4 am to walk on my treadmill before teaching high school during the day and a college class on monday and wednesday nights. It's the only time I know I can get my workout in.

I commend you on that one!

I would have to get up at 4am to work out, and there is no way. Just no way I could get up at 4am and get home at 9:30pm after work.

I do however go running after night shifts!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wipe my bum.
  • buddy529
    buddy529 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 5:30 a.m. to go to school and work for 9 hours, stop by the gym for 2-3 hours in the evening, go to sleep at 10 p.m. and wake up to do it all over again.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't realize how hard the 30 day shred was going to be, but I've been dedicated to it, today is day 6. I know 6 days isn't close to 30 but it's almost a week down, and that is enough to keep me going at it. I have people tell me that I'm very inspiring for doing this. I never seen myself as inspiring, but it makes me feel good to hear it and it keeps me pushing.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Wipe my bum.

Such a turn on.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    up at 5:30am every morning to workout before heading out the door for work at 715am. Elliptical to talk radio (not as interesting when you NEED a distraction) or pop in a Bob Harper or biggest loser DVD and get in a good cardio burn to start my day.

better than coffee, i tell ya!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Sitting with my butt naked colleagues in the sauna...sucks having the gym so close to work.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wipe my bum.
    Such a turn on.
    I've asked others to do it. Alas, no takers. :laugh:
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Walk 12 mins to the gym and work out for 2 1/2 hours, then hit the grocery store and pull a heavy bundle buggie home for another 15 minutes. The shopping is once a week. The other times, it's 12 mins to and from the gym, plus 2 1/2 hours or working out.
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Stay within my calorie goal while all my friends, fam, and coworkers try to get me to eat junk. Wake up at 330am to go to work, then come home and workout for 30 to 60 minutes, then homework and housework. Apparently my coworkers go home and nap... naps aren't available in my world.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sitting with my butt naked colleagues in the sauna...sucks having the gym so close to work.

I'm jealous of their eyes.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    go to the gym.. workout for 1.5 hours.. get changed.. walk to the parking lot... turn around go workout for another hour...

What the hell do you do for 2.5 hours in the gym? Sounds like you mess around a lot. It takes me 45 minutes to work out then I mission back home driving like a drunk with a rattling foot on clutch....got to hate those leg workouts.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30am everyday Monday-Friday to workout until 6:15am. Then on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I kickbox from 6:00pm until 7:00pm. On Wednesday after kickboxing (one would think you would be SO worn out, and you are..) I teach a youth group for my church as I am the youth leader. Tuesdays at night I usually go lift weights with my fiance. Saturday- I get up (after sleeping in a tid-bit) and then I work out for 2.5 hours no matter what is planned in my day. Usually Saturday nights I am my fiance's valet as he is an indie pro-wrestler in Indiana, we are usually pretty booked. Sunday- I get up at 5:30am and workout until 7:30am, out the door by 8:30am so I can lead music at my church, lead youth Sunday school at 9:30am and then we have service from 10:40-12:00pm.

All in all, I deserve my Sunday afternoon naps. :wink:
  • JanRam3
    Options
    I usually work out in the evenings, 4-5 times per week. Kettlebells, pilates, HIIT on recumbant bike, and walk/run intervals- I like to mix it up. For all you people out there working out for hours a day, I suggest you give Kettlebells a try. You can burn up to 20 cals per minute so workout time is cut drastically down. It's such a great combination of functional strength and cardiovascular fitness in one tool that you just don't get with anything else that i'm aware of. Also, the High Intensity Interval Training will cut down the lengthy boring treadmill workouts and give you more strength and cardiovascular fitness than the long sessions. There are various ways to do the HIIT, but I do 3 mins warm -up, then 30 secs of all out peddling followed by 90 secs of recovery slow peddling- do this 8 times and cool down for a couple mins and you're done in 20 mins but burned more calories than an hour of walking since the after burn is also high for a while. You utilize fast twitch muscle, increase your VO2 max, make your body produce HGH due to the intensity which also helps you feel more energetic, gain muscle, lose fat. But you can't eat any sugar for 2 hours after or it ruins the HGH production.
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    go to work for for 8 hours (physical labor, warehouse work) and then come home, and run anywhere from 30-45 mins.